“Groupon deal”

Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Charlevoix
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We bought groupon and made a reservation to hotel directly.
Afternoon, we spent our time to walked in river walkway to see charlevoix pier light and wait for sunset. I saw several couples do the the same thing.
Nice hotel with condominium facilities including appliances, fireplace and modern amenities.
The hotel have big hot tub in top floor and swimming pool.
Good breakfast with oatmeal, waffle, fruits, etc (6.00 till 11.00)
Location is the best, our room is lake view.

Room Tip: The nice thing to stay in this hotel is location. We walk to the beach to enjoy sunset. In the mor...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Irene H, General Manager at Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Dear isneta,

Thank you for your great Tripadvisor review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. I am so glad that you were able to use the hotel facilities during your stay with us. We have had so many Groupon customers that have tried our hotel and enjoyed their stay. Our location is great to be able to walk into town and to the beach from your room. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our continental breakfast. We have added so many new items in the last year to bring variety to our menu.

I hope that you will be able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend at the end of August, and for the price we paid I was disappointed. The room we had although spacious, was in need of a major update and repair. There were large cracks in the tile in the shower, one of the mirrored closet doors would not open, the carpet needed cleaning at the very least, and the frame/wall around the patio doors were chipped and peeling badly, with chunks missing. The pillows had no protective cover and were very old. The staff was at best courteous but not very friendly.
We stopped for a drink about 930 PM because of a beautiful outdoor deck and although we were seated fairly quickly, albeit very bruskly at a table, we waited about 15 minutes before we got the attention of a waiter, who was less than friendly. We certainly weren't made to feel welcome by the staff. It felt like we were imposing on them.
We live in Traverse City which is also a high tourist traffic area, and I can only hope that our businesses make our tourist feel more welcome. A friendly attitude can make all the difference in the world to a visitor. We will most definitely be exploring a different part of the area that we live in the future.

Room Tip: ask for a new updated room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Alice5432

Dear Alice5432,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. I hope that you were able to fill out a maintenance ticket in the room so that we could address the items that you mentioned. We are not able to do large maintenance fixes during our busy summer and fall seasons as our rooms are booked almost every night, but we do fix items as they are come up and do major projects during the slow winter months. I will contact our housekeeping department to let them know about the pillows with no protectors. I will also give this review and discuss they way you felt about our staff.

The restaurant that you speak of is not part of our property. It is across the road from us and many of our guests to go there, so I will be sure to pass on your comments to them. With them being so near us, their attitude and service can reflect on to us.

I do hope that you will try Charlevoix the Beautiful again.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend. The location was perfect. Just on the the edge of downtown Charlevoix and its shops and close to Lake Michigan beaches. The room was spacious with a bedroom and separate kitchen area/living room. Our balcony was spacious and had a nice view of Lake Michigan. All that said, the mattress we slept on was sub-standard and the room, furnishings and fixtures were dated. I could overlook the decor, but the mattress really bothered me given the price we paid for the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank StuO639

Dear Stuo639,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you were able to fill out the maintenance form in your room so that we can take care of the mattress. The mattresses are only a couple of years old and I am surprised to hear that it was not comfortable. I hope that you will come again and enjoy the hotel and the surrounding area.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

SUCH a wonderful place! We loved it so much a few years ago and were delighted to return. Our King suite on the 3rd floor had a balcony looking out over Lake MI, a gas fireplace, which it was just cool enough at night to enjoy, a jacuzzi tub and separate shower, and a tiny kitchen area with sink, coffeemaker, frig, and microwave. The room is tastefully decorated and painted, with newer carpeting and lovely furniture, including an attractive queen fold-out couch, coffee table, desk, and 2 enormous night stands - a family of four could easily spend a week here! The staff is friendly and accommodating - we arrived early and were able to get in right away. The complimentary breakfast is provided in a lovely room overlooking the pool, the channel and the lake. The breakfast itself is very nice, and includes some hot choices, such as oatmeal and waffles, along with fresh fruits, eggs, yogurts, pastries, coffee, juice, etc. We didn't stay long enough to enjoy their restaurant, but heard very good things about it from others. Parking is convenient and the location is perfect, steps away from the wonderful downtown area. We would come again in a heartbeat!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Linda V

Dear LindaV,

Thank you for your great Tripadvisor review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us years ago and came back again to see that we have improved. We strive to make changes in our facility that will make our guest feel that we are listening to what they want in a hotel stay and even make it better. I hope to see you again.

Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

We loved our stay. Bed was comfortable, good water pressure, clean & updated rooms. Breakfast, heated pool, &hot tub for use. We did have a nice view on second floor, but you might notl like steep stairs.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Mjowens

Dear Mjowens,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites on Tripadvisor. I am also glad that you were able to use the facilities and enjoy our outdoor pool and indoor hot tub. We do have first floor units and the three story building has an elevator for those guests that do not want to take the stairways. I look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed 10 August 2013

We took a last minute trip to Charlevoix. We made no advanced reservations and were pleased to find a room here. The room was comfortable. Lots of pillows!! Great location and friendly staff. The breakfast was nice with lots of choices. The only reason for not giving it 5 stars is that the towels are a bit old. Clean but a bit shabby and thin.

Room Tip: We didn't have a pretty view, but we were not in the room very much. I imagine all the rooms ar...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Davidamy617

Dear Davidamy617,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. I am glad that we were able to accommodate you when you came to Charlevoix for your vacation. I will be sure to pass on to the staff that you enjoyed their friendliness and you are correct in stating that we are in a great location. I will be contacting housekeeping regarding the towels and hope that you will see the upgrades the next time you stay with us.

Reviewed 3 August 2013

We always stay one night in Charloviox & this is the first we have stayed at the weathervane. Rooms are cute. We go ajoining with family. Loved that! Bed are comfy, clean & have amenities. The breakfast is better then at most hotels. We will defiantly be coming back to stay next year! Nice staff as well.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Paypay14

Dear Paypay14,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites on Tripadvisor. I am also glad that you decided to give us a try. We have so many families that take advantage of the connecting rooms and happy to hear that you enjoyed our continental breakfast. I hope that you will visit us again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlevoix
1 mi away
The Apple Tree Inn
#5 of 15 in Petoskey
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey
Inn at Bay Harbor, Autograph Collection Hotels

Been to Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!