Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites
    Courtside Motel(Charlevoix)
    Charleboyne Motel(Charlevoix)
    Good 3.5/5
    Great 4.5/5
    All reviewslake michiganjacuzzi roomcontinental breakfastoatmealwithin walking distanceround lakewatch the sunsetwaffle makerdowntown shopslabor dayqueen bedfireplacegrouponmicrowavepierdrawbridgesink
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 14 September 2013

This is a great location. Walking to stores and shops is just steps away as well as the boat docks. The Inn has good views of Lake Michigan and Lake Charlevoux. Our room looked out over Lake Mi. It was a king suite with fireplace (not real) a jacuzzi tub and shower, a small wet bar with frig and microwave. The rooms need a little attention to the details. Paint, chipped tiles, bad ceiling tiles. They were having issues with the pool losing water. The pool needs a total redo. The breakfast bar was typical of most hotels. All carbs, breads, muffins, cereal, waffles. Hot oat meal. Yogarts and some hard boiled eggs. We arrived around 9:30 for breakfast and there was no hot coffee or cream available. Whoever was manning the desk for check-out I believe was also supposed to keep up with the breakfast bar.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
    Irene H, General Manager at Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2013

Thank you for your review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. These reviews are very helpful to let us know what guests are looking for in their stays with us. We added the yogurt and hard boiled eggs to our continental breakfast because of the request from guests not to have just carbs on the menu. We do have someone that takes care of the continental breakfast area until 9:30. They then head into the housekeeping department and it becomes the responsibility of the desk to watch it. I hope that they came and took care of the breakfast soon after you arrived.

It is very difficult to do any maintenance, other than to touch up rooms, during our busy summer and fall seasons with guests staying in rooms each night. We will be doing maintenance on all our rooms as the slower, winter season approaches and rooms are not occupied every night.

Our pool is closed for the season. We usually close it after Labor Day. There were some skimmers in the pool that will be having some work done on them. I don’t know that the pool needs a total re-do. The leak will be fixed in the skimmer and the pool will open, as usual, in the spring. I hope that you will come and visit us again.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed at the Weathervane for our wedding. We had quite a large group. The staff was fantastic and very accommodating. The rooms we clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay there the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you Liz H for your great review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. I am so glad that you were able to stay with us while celebrating your wedding. There are a great number of wedding groups that stay at with us and we hope all have as great an experience as you and your group.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We bought groupon and made a reservation to hotel directly.
    Afternoon, we spent our time to walked in river walkway to see charlevoix pier light and wait for sunset. I saw several couples do the the same thing.
    Nice hotel with condominium facilities including appliances, fireplace and modern amenities.
    The hotel have big hot tub in top floor and swimming pool.
    Good breakfast with oatmeal, waffle, fruits, etc (6.00 till 11.00)
    Location is the best, our room is lake view.

Room Tip: The nice thing to stay in this hotel is location. We walk to the beach to enjoy sunset. In the morning, walked to shopping streets and watched the draw bridge. Don't forget to find mushroom houses.
    • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear isneta,

Thank you for your great Tripadvisor review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. I am so glad that you were able to use the hotel facilities during your stay with us. We have had so many Groupon customers that have tried our hotel and enjoyed their stay. Our location is great to be able to walk into town and to the beach from your room. I am also happy to hear that you enjoyed our continental breakfast. We have added so many new items in the last year to bring variety to our menu.

I hope that you will be able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

My husband and I spent a weekend at the end of August, and for the price we paid I was disappointed. The room we had although spacious, was in need of a major update and repair. There were large cracks in the tile in the shower, one of the mirrored closet doors would not open, the carpet needed cleaning at the very least, and the frame/wall around the patio doors were chipped and peeling badly, with chunks missing. The pillows had no protective cover and were very old. The staff was at best courteous but not very friendly.
    We stopped for a drink about 930 PM because of a beautiful outdoor deck and although we were seated fairly quickly, albeit very bruskly at a table, we waited about 15 minutes before we got the attention of a waiter, who was less than friendly. We certainly weren't made to feel welcome by the staff. It felt like we were imposing on them.
    We live in Traverse City which is also a high tourist traffic area, and I can only hope that our businesses make our tourist feel more welcome. A friendly attitude can make all the difference in the world to a visitor. We will most definitely be exploring a different part of the area that we live in the future.

Room Tip: ask for a new updated room.
    • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Alice5432

Dear Alice5432,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review of the Weathervane Terrace Inn & Suites. I hope that you were able to fill out a maintenance ticket in the room so that we could address the items that you mentioned. We are not able to do large maintenance fixes during our busy summer and fall seasons as our rooms are booked almost every night, but we do fix items as they are come up and do major projects during the slow winter months. I will contact our housekeeping department to let them know about the pillows with no protectors. I will also give this review and discuss they way you felt about our staff.

The restaurant that you speak of is not part of our property. It is across the road from us and many of our guests to go there, so I will be sure to pass on your comments to them. With them being so near us, their attitude and service can reflect on to us.

I do hope that you will try Charlevoix the Beautiful again.

Reviewed 23 August 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend. The location was perfect. Just on the the edge of downtown Charlevoix and its shops and close to Lake Michigan beaches. The room was spacious with a bedroom and separate kitchen area/living room. Our balcony was spacious and had a nice view of Lake Michigan. All that said, the mattress we slept on was sub-standard and the room, furnishings and fixtures were dated. I could overlook the decor, but the mattress really bothered me given the price we paid for the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
    2  Thank StuO639

Dear Stuo639,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. I’m glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that you were able to fill out the maintenance form in your room so that we can take care of the mattress. The mattresses are only a couple of years old and I am surprised to hear that it was not comfortable. I hope that you will come again and enjoy the hotel and the surrounding area.