“Charlevoix looses another” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Bistro at Charlevoix Country Club
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Pizza
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Bistro at Charlevoix Country Club is where quality food and excellent service make a northern Michigan favorite restaurant. Join us for a dining experience featuring our unique hand-crafted mahogany bar, the open-timbered vaulted ceilings and our 30 ft. Stone fireplace. You will also enjoy a relaxing dinner on our covered portico overlooking our spectacular views of Heatherwoods Golf Course at Charlevoix Country Club. Enjoy delicious farm to table focusing on local organic food.
“Charlevoix looses another”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

Edgewater Bistro was in a nice location overlooking the bridge in Charlevoix, but is no longer there. They had a great chef and it was always a pleasure to eat there. Too bad. Rents keep going up so businesses are moving out. Not much reason to stop in town anymore.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank m s

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

The Bistro has moved to Charlevoix Country Club, but is open to the public with its same great menu. The Bistro offers a diverse menu and the food is always outstanding. You need to take your appetite with you or be willing to share as the portions are generous. Our friends and family always want to go to The Bistro when visiting Charlevoix and we are never disappointed!

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ellsworth, Michigan
“Best a Food Ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

The cook is the reason and he is leaving for the Country Club. I have never had a bad meal there. It is our favorite restaurant to take our friends to.

• Visited March 2014
Charlevoix, Michigan
“Popular with the Locals”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

Their menu is very good. My only complaints are the space is cramped and it can be very noisy. But, that's because it is so very popular

Visited August 2013
lincoln
“Walked out.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014

I was hoping that the previous poor reviews were wrong and decided to give this restaurant a chance. My husband and I went to the restaurant to be greeted by a hostess who plopped our menus down at the very first table that was in direct line of the cold breeze (it was nearly zero degrees out). I had stopped for a second and looked around to see if I could obtain a different table to be away from the direct line of breeze, but the sunburned, blonde hostess sharply said, "NOPE--those are the ones that are taken first." I tried to state what I was inferring but she briskly walked away. My husband and I reluctantly sat down and looked around and spied several tables in view where we could have sat, and were puzzled as to the brusqueness of the hostess. I viewed the menu, which looked appetizing, but figured if the hostess, the front line representative of the dining establishment couldn't take the time to listen to me, that we didn't need to spend $75-$100 on a meal there, so we left. As we left, I explained to the hostess that we were leaving because I wanted a different table and she exclaimed that "we should have told her." I'm sorry, but I tried to tell her when we were sitting down, but she didn't listen. We'll be back in Charlevoix in a couple of months. I'm not certain if we'll try this restaurant again, but should we try it again, I would hope that the hostess would not assume that everyone wants to sit in some "waterfront room" and listen when someone wants a different table.

• Visited March 2014