“Best food & service in Charlevoix!”
Review of Terry's Place

Terry's Place
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Price range: US$26 - US$40
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This is our favorite restaurant in Charkevoix for any special occasion. We love the fresh Walleye or Perch, prepared with almonds or other sauces. They also have a wonderful Veal Morel, when Morels are available, which is most of the time! The salads are deliciously fresh & large, with homemade dressings. As a side dish, my husband always orders the stewed tomatoes, but I love their hash browns. As a special treat, you can order a chocolate or Grand Marnier Souffle for dessert. They're both excellent, but have to be ordered with dinner. The service is always outstanding, no matter who is waiting tables. This place is popular in the summer, so go early, because they don't take reservations.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Have eaten @ Terry's several times & have always had excellent service. Recently enjoyed the fixed price 3 for $30 offering, which started w/ yummy ravioli with morels (in February, no less - & these were nice sized morels too, not tiny pieces!) As is always the case dinner includes a wonderful salad and an always full, warm basket of tasty rolls. Our water glasses were never empty, thanks to the tag team of our server and the manager. I ordered the duck since it sounded great, but it was dry and disappointing. I chocked this up to an aberration since I've loved my prior fish dinners, as did my dining partners this time. Given that they serve white fish, perch & walleye 4 different ways (each), the lesson learned is to stick with fish. My 3rd course was a fantastic chocolate soufflé. I ended the meal with a perfectly brewed espresso (something I've unfortunately discovered isn't a given at all great restaurants).

1  Thank SpartyJack
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

I had a plate with lamb chop.lobster steak potatoes. Cuscos sweetpotato palenta..all for $45.00 It was excellent
Happy New year

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Enjoyed an amazing meal at Terry's Place in Charlevoix...Started with steamed mussels in a delightful white wine, olive oil, garlic tomato sauce (would make a yummy soup base), followed by hot rolls with a diced tomato, basil, garlic and olive oil Randy had slow roasted Long Island duckling with a northern Michigan cherry sauce and I enjoyed tonight's special: crab, lobster and shrimp over fetuccini with a saffron cream sauce. Cozy ambiance, excellent waitstaff made for a memorable meal! Thanks Christine (our waitperson)! You made our evening!

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Best dining in Charlevoix! Great service and atmosphere! My husband had fantastic duck w/ an amazing cherry sauce. The mushroom ravioli was excellent. There are many great menu items using local ingredients, such as fresh produce and fish. We did not have to wait at all in Sept. Mid week.