“Very nice spot for a family meal!”
Review of Terry's Place

Terry's Place
Ranked #5 of 53 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Chicago
“Very nice spot for a family meal!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The service was very friendly and attentive The Lake Michigan whitefish was delicious and a very nice portion. All in all we really enjoyed ourselves.

Grand Haven mi
“Bad experience ”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Despite the raving reviews I was not impressed with the incompetence of the wait staff and the management. You see I called to see if there would be a problem with seating for 4 people, the women on the phone said no, she asked me when we would be there and I said about 10 minuets. So we walked in the restaurant less than 10 minuets later and they treated my party and I like we were second class citizens, saying there was no room and we would have to wait 25 minuets or more. I told them I had called 10 minuets before and the only thing I got in return was a blank stare. After a 5 minuet phone call with the manager after I left I was even more unimpressed than I was before. I am sure this never happens and based on the reviews it sounds like the restaurant has a clean record, and it's too bad because I was really looking forward to eating there. Hopefully in the future I will have a chance to eat there, but for now I am only left with a bad memory. Thanks for reading.

2 Thank OG_BOBBY_JOHNSON
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Normally when we are in Petoskey and Charlevoix we go to Whitecaps, which we did one night, and we wanted to try something different for the second night that we were in the area. We went on Yelp and found that Terry's had some great reviews and that they wer only open from 5-9pm nightly which was strange to us however we decided to take a chance and go. The restaurant was small and neatly decorated. Our waitress was very knowledgeable about the menu, the owners and made us feel comfortable as newcomers. She gave us the whole rundown of the menu in a brief amount of time and we were more than pleased with her suggestions. The crabcakes were light and delicious, mixed green salad with house made ranch dressing was fresh and flavorful. The whitefish with green beens and sweet potatoes was to die for. All in all we had a great first experience and we now have a favorite go to spot while in the area.

1 Thank VacationQueen96
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
“As good as always”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

terry's is probably the best place for fish Up North. The menu has not changed at all we understand sine the restaurant opened over 30 years ago. I had the Walleye Grenoboise as did my wife. Both of the people we were with had the Perch. The salads were fresh and crisp and the hash browns were cooked perfectly. Don't miss the 'Goldbrick' dessert- a chocolate, nut and vanilla ice cream decadent treat. The servers have been working there many years and have the system or taking orders, working with the kitchen on what to do when and delivering the food quickly. The teamwork and positive attitudes of the employees can be felt throughout the restaurant. Arrive early- say no later than 5:45 weeknight or weekend or you will wait for at least 30 minutes or longer and lots of people do. The restaurant has some nice paintings inside but no view other than a parking lot and street.

LUDINGTON, MI
“GOOD FOOD & SERVICE”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

My sister and I arrived before 5 when there was hardly anyone there. By the time we left, the place was just about packed. The service was good, employees ensuring our drinks were replenished and inquiring if anything was needed. The warm rolls and home-made salsa were above average. I had their "special" of the day (roast pork) that was very good - more than enough. Good choice.

• Visited May 2014