“Nice corner bar”

Villager Pub
Ranked #5 of 58 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 January 2014

We have been to Villager Pub several times and it has always been a good experience. We like to sit at the bar, drinks are good, the food is good and people are very friendly. We always meet new people when we are there. We will keep going back!

Reviewed 24 December 2013

My boyfriend and I went to dinner here while we were staying at Fisherman's Island State Park, and it was AMAZING. We both got the whitefish and we both thought it was incredible. The sweet potato fries were some of the best I've ever had :)

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Recommended at our hotel as being one of a handful of reasonably priced eateries, we looked at the menu posted outside.. It fitted our needs. Seated immediately we ordered. My wife's broasted chicken would take 15min prepare so we ordered a bowl of seafood chowder to share. It was hot and good but more like a depression-era recipe for extending a can of tuna.. I ordered the daily special, all you can eat spaghetti.. When the dishes arrived we were disappointed in all save the chicken and I think I know what happened in the kitchen. The french fries were put on a plate and put under heat lamps. The pasta was plated similarly and placed there.. When the chicken was done, it was put on the fries and the sauce was put on the pasta and some warm garlic toast was added to my plate. So the fries were warm at best, some were cold. The pasta looked like some ceramic sold in the gallery stores nearby. The Parmesan did not even melt on the sauce. The place filled on a Weds night and staff were busy but no one inquired about our satisfaction... We ate because we were hungry. Did I want seconds?? For certain NO!! And I failed to state WHY... I told hotel staff about this the next day and they were not surprised... different people from the night before.
I've read some other reviews and I am sorry to be so negative because it was affordable and that is what I asked for. This is a resort/vacation town but there are other places..

1  Thank HemlockMan
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Visited twice the same weekend. It was in walking distance of where we stayed & right down town. It was busy both times, but we were seated quickly. Food was good. Generous portions. Relaxed atmosphere.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Good place to meet with10 or more people. Quick service and descent food choices. Nice atmosphere, nostilgic and comforting.