Pointes North Inn
The Edgewater Inn(Charlevoix)
Courtside Motel(Charlevoix)
Charleboyne Motel(Charlevoix)
View Hotel
All reviewsfull kitchenscreened in porchreserved roomsoffice staffking bedgreat place to stayelectric fireplacedvd playerstay there againroom was largepine riverrooms were very cleansmall refrigeratorcontinental breakfastwithin walking distanceround lakeunits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Got into town around 7:30, tired& hungry. The"walk In " sign looked like a friendly welcome so we went in. The per night cost was a little over $200 but the host was welcoming & his room description inviting. Our room exceeded expectations. Clean & spacious. Overall it was vert retro (disco 80's with fesh paint.Kitchennette, living room, dining, bedroom& screen patio. Nice!
We had dinner at the weather vane across the stree. Excellent,
Overall this was a great place & a must for our next trip!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah B
Reviewed 29 May 2014

One of my favorite places to stay. I travel to the Charlevoix area frequently on business and always (well, not always, can't afford the summer rates) stay at the Pointes North Inn. The rooms are fabulous...large family rooms with fireplace, complete kitchen, screened porch and Jacuzzi tubs. Location is excellent as well, within walking distance of this beautiful little town and a number of good restaurants and the marina. This little inn really refreshes me after long days of travel.

Room Tip: Office closes at 7 PM and doesn't reopen until perhaps 8 AM (not certain of that)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave G
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We stayed at the Pointes North the Saturday after Valentine's Day. The room was amazing. We were shocked by the spaciousness, the decor and the cleanliness of everything. The fireplace, jacuzzi tub and king size bed were all nice ways to reconnect on a romantic night away!

After having looked at prices for other weekends throughout the winter, I do think the price we paid was quite high. I can understand an increase for a holiday weekend, but over twice the 'regular' rate is a little much. I can also understand higher prices in a full hotel, but Charlevoix in the middle of February, when it's 6 degrees out is not very busy.

The free breakfast was appreciated, but limited. Dry cereal, bagels, toast, yogurt and bananas. I guess you don't need much more, especially when you have a kitchen in your room.

The hallway on the second floor had a very distinct odor (and not in a pleasant way), but as soon as we closed our door, it wasn't an issue.

All in all, our stay was a good one. I would stay again, but not on a holiday weekend.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank TCJenni
PointesNorthINN, Manager at Pointes North Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Thank you TCJenni for the wonderful review of our establishment. I am very glad that you enjoyed your weekend getaway. We pride ourselves on cleanliness and love to see repeat customers. I hope the luxuries that you found so appealing bring you back in warmer weather. After all, the beautiful downtown Charelvoix area is just a short walk away.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

We're regular visitors to Charlevoix and thought this summer we'd check out a hotel other than our usual. The Pointes North Inn. The staff were very friendly, which was the only positive we're sorry to say. Our suite was dirty, dark, and in disrepair. Light bulbs were burned out, ceiling tiles were stained, the carpet was filthy and ripped, and the furnishings/fixtures were worn and seriously outdated. In addition, the pool wasn't cleaned regularly, and my eyes stung for 2 days due to the amount of chlorine in it. I wish I could give a more positive review. But cannot.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
6  Thank Richard A J
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Our stay was great. Everything was perfect (clean, close to shopping, very roomy, perfect condition). Wonderful experience. Loved the drawbridge. We truly enjoyed North Pointes and the Charlevoix area. We plan to return in the years to come. Thank you.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple