“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Charlevoix
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

I have been staying at the Edgewater Inn for 10+ years. It is the only place in Charlevoix I will stay. All of the rooms are waterfront condo's. Since they are all privately owned no two are alike as far as decor. I like the units closer to bridge. I can sit on my balcony and watch the bridge go up and down as the boats pass through. The staff has always been helpful and units are extremely clean. I am fortunate to have business that brings my to this wonderful town frequently and staying at the Edgewater puts me in heart of everything!

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side of the building have a better view of the harbor, rooms to the west have bett...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mitchell R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Wow what a find! I attended a wedding in Charlevoix over the weekend at stayed at the inn. I was amazed at the size of my room and how nicely appointed it was. I understand that each of the rooms at the inn are privately owned by different people. So each unit is different. It made it fun to see and compare my friends room to mine. Each very nice but very different. The view in front of the building is AWESOME! Million dollar view! The rates this time of the year are very reasonable. The staff were very friendly and accommodating and the room was very clean and neat. I found my new weekend getaway spot! My friends all loved the place too! We shall be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank CJ W
Bay Harbor, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

The Edgewater is a very good choice in this area. It gives you a well furnished and equipped small four room condo (living room / kitchen with table for four / bedroom and bath) on the water in downtown Charlevoix. A couple with two small children could vacation here comfortably in a highly desireable location at a reasonable price. There is also an indoor pool. It is not a swanky place, but is far better than most in the region. Better upscale choices are 20 miles to the East.
My sole complaint is their onerous and unethical cancellation policy. Upon taking the reservation they charge the first night to your credit card, including taxes. This is non-refundable- period. If you have a change of plans, no matter how much notice is given, and even in the off-season, they keep the money but give that as a credit toward another stay. I have never seen such a one-sided arrangement anywhere else. I also wonder if the state and city ever see their 8% tax on a sale that never took place.
However, if you want to stay in Charlevoix, and you are sure that nothing can possibly go wrong between now and then, this is a solid choice for lodging within walking distance of everything in town. And the view is worth money.

Room Tip: Bottom floor gives you far more outside space in good weather.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Tom D
Beverly Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

I always stay at the Edgewater Inn while in Charlevoix for business, and also when I visit with my family. The weather was not the best this last time. However, curled up next to the fireplace while reading my book kept me busy. My wife and kids had a wonderful time time in the pool and hot tub. The view of the harbor while snow blew by was very enchanting. The rooms are always comfortable and clean. All of the restaurants and shops were open so we were able to get in some shopping. The New years eve "Bridge Drop" was nicely done. It was a nice way to welcome in the new year. A+ stay.

Room Tip: This is a condominium hotel. Each of the rooms are owned by different individuals and are decorated...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Clark W
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2014

We stayed at the Edgewater between Christmas and New Year's eve -- just two nights. Our room had a great view of the frosty northwest Michigan winter & the channel that links Lake Michigan and Round Lake. Great cozy accommodations. Very clean. On-site restaurant with exceptional food. Walkable (like across the street and down the block) to restaurants and local taverns. Will visit again.

Room Tip: Just ask for what you want when you call to make reservation. We liked being on First floor between...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MLBen
Portage, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

I can't say enough great things about this place. We fell in love with the Edgewater when we had book this place for our wedding weekend. The rooms were absolutely beautiful and had a lot of character in each one. The view is unbelievable! Imagine waking up on your wedding day to a beautiful morning at the Edgewater over looking Lake Charlevoix, it was a complete dream! The Staff and Managers are amazing. They even had a little welcome the wedding guests of .... on their sign! We thought that was so personal and made us feel even better about staying there. The restaurant that is inside of the Edgewater is to die for! We ate there everyday!!! Literally a totoal of 8 or 9 meals. AND all of our wedding guests loved this as well! The pool is amazing, each room has a balcony and has a view that is breathtaking! I highly suggest staying here and the prices were so reasonable. Imagine sitting at the Edgewater Café and looking at Lake Michigan & Lake Charlevoix while you people watch downtown Charlevoix. It is absolutely beautiful! Thank you to the Edgewater, EVERY year on our anniversary we will be back :) 9.7.13

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Elizabeth D
Elkhart, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

As a seventy one year old man, I have been blessed of being able to travel most of the world. Out of all the fine Inn's I've stayed in, the Edgewater Inn, in Charlevoix, Mi., is by far the most consistent in it's perfection of always of being a first class Inn. My family and I have stayed at this Inn since it's beginning, to many times to remember, and there has not been one time that we and my family have been the least bit disappointed in any way. I can always count on Christ Kowal, and Graig Wilson' and it's entire staff staff, for first class consistentency.

Don L. Barfell

Room Tip: Many beautiful suites, ask for one that meets your persional taste.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlevoix
Charlevoix Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Petoskey
Stafford's Perry Hotel
Stafford's Perry Hotel
#2 of 15 in Petoskey

Been to The Edgewater Inn? Share your experiences!