“Beautiful Campground, lots of mosquitos”

Fisherman's Island State Park
Ranked #3 of 29 things to do in Charlevoix
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Absolutely beautiful Campground. We stayed at 2 different sites (both in the South campground area) over the July 4th weekend, and though the entire grounds were booked up it still felt like we were the only people in the entire state park.
I'd recommend getting a site that is in the South grounds along the main road. These have the most privacy, though more mosquitos.
There are also sites in the North grounds with beach access (these were all full before we booked) though the North grounds is very close to the entrance of the park.
Definitely load up on bug spray!

3  Thank Heshmati89

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Most beautiful view that I have ever seen while camping. Right along Lake Michigan, quiet, peaceful campground. Incredible sunset views. Only drawback is the toilets...but was planning on that. Luckily McDonald's is just a five minute drive--so we used their restrooms a few times! ;) Overall..a MUST-DO. The walk out to fisherman's island is...buggy..wouldn't recommend. (admiring it from a distance works just fine ;)

5  Thank Jconley27
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed here on a Friday night. Had no problem pulling up and being able to get a campsite right on the water!! Just be aware this is a RUSTIC campground, no electric, no bathhouse!!! Hand pumps & pit toilets available!! If you want a place that is on the water, close to town with a amazing view, this is the place!!! Hiking, kayaking, rocking all available from your campsite.

4  Thank Cinnilouwho
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Was looking forward to visiting this site; however, the road leading in was full of deep potholes and we had to turn back because our car was taking quite a beating:( What we did see was quite impressive. The campsites were spacious, some right on the lake. VERY rustic and peaceful.

3  Thank TINA1943
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I absolutely loved our camping trip to this park. Our site was right next to the beach and we had a lot of privacy from the other sites. It is rustic camping, which I had never done before, and it was better than I expected. The vault toilets were a lot cleaner than I thought they would be. I DEFINITELY recommend hard sole water shoes, though. The beach on the north campground is verrrry rocky. If you want super sandy beach, you drive (it would be a bit of a walk) to the south campground and head to a peninsula south of the beach entrance. It's nothing but sand there :) I can't wait to go back next summer!!!

7  Thank lizmorgan11