“Great Find”
Review of Johan's Cafe - CLOSED

Johan's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Description: Has Been A Pastry Shop, Now He's Opened It Up To A Quaint Little Cafe
Reviewed 26 July 2013

My wife and I happened on this restaurant while walking through CHarlevoix. What a great asset this place is to the community. The food is excellent and the service attentive. I would highly recommend this restaurant to any who visit CHarlevoix

1  Thank Ezilla219

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Best bakery in USA, doughnuts et. al. Not fancy cakes or "tartlettes" just wonderful breakfast pastries, coffee, they do sandwiches. But those iced cinnamon buns!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We sat down and enjoyed coffee and really good fresh pastries for a quick breakfast. All of their bakery goods looked delicious, and there was a steady stream of locals buying their baked goods!! I'll be back next time I'm in town!

Reviewed 13 February 2013

if you want food quickly in Charlevoix then go home and make yourself a sandwhich because that is the only fast food you will find here. Johans is a lot faster than Wheathervain, has better food than the Pub, healthier than Subway, bigger than Scovies and has a much friendlier staff than Kelsey Bs. NO resturant in Charlevoix is fast in the summer because of all the fudgies (tourist of Charlevoix) because everywhere is packed. Johans is not fast food it is a pastry shop that offers the luxery of coffee whith your donut. Now in case you are unawear of this it is also the ONLY place in charlevoix that sells a latte besides McDonalds and unless you want gas station coffee this is your only other option. The number of things to do in charlevoix is very limited so come to Johan's but don't expect to get anywhere quickly in Charlevoix "the Beautiful" where it takes you 45 minutes to an hour to drive through down town.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

While strolling through Charlevoix we stopped to warm up and get some lunch at Johan's Cafe. I had this wonderful Veggie Panini that I wish I could recreate now that I'm back home. My family and friends are tired of hearing about how good it was and I'm not even a vegetarian! The cafe is not fancy but it's cozy, cute, and warm with obviously good food and very nice people.