“Pass” 2 of 5 bubbles

Flap Jack Family Restaurant
Ranked #22 of 52 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Beverly Hills, Michigan
“Pass”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

We had wanted a breakfast buffet and was told that Flap Jacks had one. It was a Sunday morning and we figured it would be busy. Upon arrival we went and looked at the buffet and found it to be a big mess. Food spilled all over and most of it was empty and old looking. It was 10am and I would have thought the food would be re-filled with all the church crowd coming in. The restaurant itself was dirty. The staff was okay. Not overly attentive. The kitchen was super loud and I think they had a drum circle going on with all the pots and pans banging around. The food was just okay. Nothing special and was pricey. Paying $10 for a breakfast I would have though it would have been better.

• Visited March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Clark W

Charlevoix, Mi.
“Overpriced and just average ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Haven't been in for a few years due to bad food but I decided to try them again. Breakfast was average at best and really expensive for what it was. I have no problem with paying high prices for high quality but that's not the case here. Won't return again

3 Thank Michael H
Valparaiso
“Incredibly tasty breakfast”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

My wife does not like pancakes. So I was a little surprised that she was willing to come to a place with a name like this. But we were very glad we did. The interior was nondescript, but the staff were friendly and reasonably efficient. I ordered the hash brown omelet (!), and my wife ordered the veggie omelet. I was not expecting much; the mixture of hash browns with eggs etc. doesn't sound very good. But it was a special, so I thought I'd try it. I was delighted by the way the hash browns came out. They were on top, golden, not greasy, and added wonderful flavor to the omelet. Maybe it was the onions that were mixed in. Whatever it was they did, it worked. My wife's omelet was incredibly tasty. I've had many veggie omelets, but this one has to be the best. Again, maybe it was the onions, or the tomatoes. We both tasted one another's food, and agreed they were excellent. We wished we had gone here for dinner the night before instead of a very expensive mediocre place.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jim C
“Great local place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stopped for lunch in our way thru town! Food was fresh and homemade. Our kids had the chocolate chip pancakes, delicious!! I had the Rachel, turkey club made with fresh turkey and homemade slaw and banana cream pie for dessert! I would definitely stop in again.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Dana S
Fairfax, Virginia
“Restores your faith in America”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2013

This is the kind of breakfast place where if you speak to the locals you won't get a cold shoulder. The food is great, especially the pancakes, and the atmosphere is warm and welcoming.

• Visited June 2013