“Relaxation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Horton Creek Inn B&B

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Horton Creek Inn B&B
Ranked #2 of 9 Charlevoix B&B and Inns
Indianapolis
“Relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

The owners, Jeannie and Dave, do a marvelous job. The house and gardens are maintained meticulously, the breakfast is sumptuous and always a pleasant surprise when it is served in the sunroom, and the hosts offer very useful advice what to do in the area. Not to forget the desserts offered in the evening, e.g. peach cobbler. Since we were 3 travelers, we had the 2 adjacent rooms on the top floor with a shared bath room. They were very nice and the beds extremely comfortable. Attention to details is throughout, e.g. fresh bath towels every day, high-quality shampoo and soap in the shower, lots of maps of the area, menus of the local restaurant etc. There are 2 rules to adhere to (arrival time, breakfast at 9) - but I think these 2 rules allow the owners to focus on the important stuff - that is to make everybody feel at home and allow them to have a great vacation. We certainly did !

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank RestlessinIndy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Middleville, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I always wanted to live in a Log Home in the Woods, so when I found the Horton Creek Inn Bed & Breakfast, it was a "no Brainer" to book reservations for my ___(?) Birthday. Located on 60 acres, north of Lake Charlevoix and the "hustle and bustle" of the downtown shops, this was "Mother Nature" at it's best! After driving the one lane, wooded drive, we gasped when we saw the log "home"...Dave came out to meet us, and entering their beautiful home that they have chosen to share with others, I gave Jeannie hug....feeling like I was a Family Member and not a "guest"!

Room Tip: ANY ROOM IS BEAUTIFUL! We got there early and saw them all! We had the Garden Room on the Main Floo...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

From the very beginning of our stay Jeannie and Dave treated us with warmth, friendliness and professionalism. Everything about the Horton Creek Inn B&B was wonderful. Food was amazing! We were sent off for the day with a full breakfast coming back in the evening to delectable desserts. The cleanliness, all the homey touches and beautiful décor and gardens made our first visit to Northern Michigan a delight. While living in England we frequented many very good B&B's and now Horton Creek Inn is at the top of our list.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Canton, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

My husband and I just got married at Horton Creek Bed & Breakfast. Why? I've been visiting the b&b for several years and there is just no other place like it. The accommodations are amazing, the food is outstanding and no one can compare to the hospitality provided by the innkeepers, Jeannie and Dave. This is truly heaven on earth - peaceful and relaxing. Nestled on 60 acres of woods, Horton Creek B&B provides all the tranquility and relaxation you'll need. Plus, it's within 20 minutes of downtown Charlevoix, Petoskey and Boyne City. I can't say enough and plan to make this regular vacation spot for my family and I. A+

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Valparaiso, IN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I were on a motorcycle trip around Lake Michigan and stopped here based on a friends recommendation. Loved it! Beautiful gardens and lots of places to sit outside and enjoy the summers evening. Our host and hostess were accommodating to our needs. We would love to visit again. Food was fantastic too! Fruit pizza in the evening and a lovely breakfast in the morning. We did not use the pool but it looked very inviting.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Grand Blanc MI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2013

The home and grounds are immaculate! We enjoyed the peace and quiet and all the little extra touches that made this place special. The home is very welcoming and Jeanne and Dave are very warm and excellent hosts. They make you feel at home in their beautiful home. I appreciate that there was beverages and ice available at no charge. The evening chocolate cream pie and Oreo cupcakes was so nice. We also had ice water and snacks left in our room. Our privacy was respected and it meant so much for us to be able to have a quiet stay without having to feel being “social” on our time of respite. Our strawberry stuffed French toast and sausage Breakfast was delicious. I can see why guests stay multiple nights and want to stay longer. Our stay was so pleasant! As an end note...at first I thought I would miss television and my technology, but I found myself reading and relaxing more. I brought my laptop but did not even use it until almost checkout time. The internet was very fast which surprised me. I felt so rested and enjoyed a "break" from my busy life of non-stop. Thank you Horton Creek B&B!

Room Tip: Check out the web site for all the information you need.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gwkelley
Holland, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

Horton Creek Inn B&B is THE BEST!!! Dave & Jeannie are precious hosts, the location and the house are GORGEOUS with BEAUTIFUL grounds, and the breakfasts are AMAZING!!! The only reason we would hesitate to recommend this place is for fear they will fill up and not have room for us when we want to return!!! You will want to choose this place when you need to get away and enjoy peace and quiet with total relaxation!!

Room Tip: Read the room descriptions and pick the room that best suits your needs & desires.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jan T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlevoix
Charlevoix Inn & Suites
The Apple Tree Inn
The Apple Tree Inn
#7 of 15 in Petoskey
Inn at Bay Harbor, Autograph Collection Hotels

Been to Horton Creek Inn B&B? Share your experiences!