“Going to Cherry Festival from Mackinac City”
Review of Smoke On The Water

Smoke On The Water
Ranked #4 of 55 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Smoke on the Water a BBQ joint. We slow-smoke our meats with various fruit woods and maple wood in our smoker that sits right outside the restaurant. We pride ourselves in serving made-from-scratch food, including our own Challah bread used in our Drunken French Toast. We deliver to all downtown businesses and the marina. We are located next to Hoffman Park which overlooks the channel and bridge.
Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

My brother-in-law told us we had to stop in Charlevoix. It is a real quaint little town. As soon as we parked in town I smelled the heavenly smell of Q. After a little shopping with the wife it was time to eat. Little did I know that we would be having amazing brisket and pulled pork. I have traveled the US chasing BBQ and Ed has nailed it. These guys rank right up there with Oklahoma Joes, The Pit and Salt Lick. If you are a BBQ addict like myself and you find yourself in NW Michigan; you owe it to yourself to stop in and enjoy the great authentic BBQ.

1  Thank vman92
Julie M, Owner at Smoke On The Water, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Wow what a great review, thank you! It was really nice to meet you and your wife when you were in and I loved that you were writing this review right at the table after you ate. Hope to see you both back soon.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

This little place off the main road is outstanding. The brisket is very tender and flavorful. The mad and cheese is gooey and amazing. The chicken salad is delicious. Even the iced tea stood out as uniquely flavorful. It is a small smokehouse-so if you are looking for fancy pants--this is not the right choice. I am very glad we went here and hope to go back yum!

2  Thank Wes J

Wes, thank you for the great review. Looking forward to seeing you back when you are in town.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We live in Cincinnati noted for its fine dining and great BBQ joints.One even brags about that they have the best beef brisket North of the Mason Dixon Line and many residents agree only because they never ate at you place. Your beef brisket is well worth a 500 mile road trip
Bob in Cincinnati.

Thanks Bob, we look forward to seeing you at the restaurant all summer long!

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were lucky to land in Charlevoix, Michigan as our base for our first vacation in northern Michigan. The area's beauty, charm, activities and the food surprised us. By chance we stopped at a small restaurant off of the main avenue for lunch. What a find. My husband had the mushroom burger with truffle fries. I had the chicken salad on challah bread. All the food , bread and condiments on prepared in house. I believe I overheard that most ingredients when possible come from local vendors. A farm to table dream. Both meals far exceeded our expectations and surpassed anything that we could get at home(Central Florida).
In our week visit, we returned two additional times, once for breakfast and again for lunch. The smoked brisket was exceptional and could cause grown men to weep in awe of it's tenderness and tastiness.
The establishment is casual and small, the proprietor(& I believe chef) monitors the room to ensure customer satisfaction. To our surprise we learned our first day for lunch was their second day in business. We wish them much success and will associate our stay in Charlevoix with the aroma of smoked brisket floating over the water.

1  Thank applesaregoodforu

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we hope to see you again when you visit northern Michigan.