“Great find!”

Ranked #5 of 55 Restaurants in Charlevoix
Price range: US$7 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Description: Smoke on the Water a BBQ joint. We slow-smoke our meats with various fruit woods and maple wood in our smoker that sits right outside the restaurant. We pride ourselves in serving made-from-scratch food, including our own Challah bread used in our Drunken French Toast. We deliver to all downtown businesses and the marina. We are located next to Hoffman Park which overlooks the channel and bridge.
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We tried this spot based on tripadvisor reviews and are we glad! We stopped by for lunch and loved everything. I had brisket and my partner had the pork sand wish. The barbecue sauces are wonderful as is the homemade ketchup! I also loved the broccoli salad and the mac'n cheese. Then we bought a loaf of their homemade challah to take with us and it was fabulous! Wish we got to this part of the country more often so we could go back.

1  Thank ginacat02
Julie M, Owner at Smoke On The Water, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

We are so glad you found us too. Thank you for the amazing review, we really appreciate it.

Come back soon!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We were in town by boat. I could smell the barbeque and followed my nose till we found the big smoker working hard. The brisket was excellent and the servings were large. Had leftovers.
Not a fancy place but great barbeque.

Well we are glad you followed your nose, our best advertising. Thanks for the great review. Hope you visit us again when you are in town.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stumbled upon Smoke on the Water during a visit to Charlevoix. When traveling I feel it's important to eat well, and did we ever!! We were treated incredibly by the host/waiter and ordered for ourselves and three children (brisket, mushroom burger, fries, and kids got Mac and cheese and the little ones shared a cheeseburger and fresh watermelon/ cantaloupe). The food was amazing and we would definitely visit next time we are in town!

Julie M, Owner at Smoke On The Water, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hi Jessica,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review, we really appreciate it. We look forward to having you in again next time you are in Charlevoix.

Julie Mann

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

His is small full-service restaurant. I had the drunken French toast. It was very delicious. I should have anticipated the soggy bread but despite that is was absolutely incredible. My husband finished my one piece and he loved it. Don't order two pieces unless you plan to share. My husband's biscuits and gravy had a generous amount of sausage And had a little sweet flavor probably from the onions. He loved it and ate every bite. Be sure to eat here. Great way to start the day.

1  Thank Karen G
Julie M, Manager at Smoke On The Water, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Hi Karen,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. Oh yes, the drunken French toast definitely has a custard like middle and I'm glad you enjoyed it. We look forward to having you back soon.

Julie & Ed Mann

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I decided to try something new and stopped at Smoke on the Water. Service was very slow and ignored us for quite some time. But that wasn't even the worst of it! My husband had the hamburger and I had the pulled pork and it was the most disgusting food we had ever eaten. We each had a couple bites and couldn't stand it so we just left. Waste of $25! Then we both got sick afterward!! DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!

2  Thank KASTI508

Hello,

I'm very sorry you had such a bad experience at our restaurant. I'm surprised you paid for a meal that you didn't eat or enjoy as my wait staff knows to comp the meal if the customer is not satisfied. It doesn't happen often, but unfortunately I do know we cannot please everyone. If you would have said something to us, we certainly would have taken care of you.

Best wishes,