“Great little place”

Charlevoix Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Charlevoix
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We chose to stay here passing through on our way to Mackinac. The price was right and they had an indoor pool. We arrived fairly late around 9:15 only to learn the pool closed at 10. The girl working the front desk was very nice and told us she'd keep it open until 10:30 for us. A very nice offer!

Our room was your basic hotel room, although small it was pretty clean and I'm a clean freak when it comes to hotels. The pool was old but clean. The only bad thing was when you turned on the jets in the hot tub there was a horrible high pitched screeching sound coming from a utility closet in the pool area. That didn't make for a very relaxing soak.

The continental breakfast was average: muffins, doughnuts, yogurt, fruit and a waffle maker. Everything was fresh and actually the cinnamon doughnuts were really good!

The morning desk attendant was just as friendly as the night clerk. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Jonathan P, Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Hello!

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I'm glad that you found the hotel to be clean and the staff to be friendly. I'm glad you got to enjoy the pool a bit before you called it a night. My company, Riley Hotel Group, just took over management for the new ownership group of the hotel, and we'll be doing a lot of great updates to the property in the coming months. We'd love to have you visit again and see all the changes.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

the rooms and lobby are very dated, but more disappointing was the stale smoke smell in the hallways. we booked 1 night at the Inn end of our stay in the area and unfortunately, had not been able to extend at our previous hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank kate l
Jonathan P, Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2013

Good Day!

Thank you for your review and your stay at our hotel. I apologize that you were disappointed. The hotel was just purchased at the end of June and our company has been working hard in planning our improvements. Just a week ago we installed our new 39" LED HD TV's. This week, we had our architect and designer in to help us create a new look to our lobby, halls, and rooms. We have a lot of great things coming for the hotel and we'll be sharing those improvements on our Facebook page on a regular basis.

Thank you again and I hope you do return as you see the improvements being made. Have a nice day and great rest of August.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

We chose to stay here this July while in Charlevoix. We looked all over town and everything was fully booked other than shacky roadside motels that honestly were really old and disgusting. We stopped and looked at 2 or 3 area roadside motels and I refused to stay there. I was very surprised to find this hotel had vacancies since it was so nice and a good price too. I think it was because of the location as this hotel is just on the outskirts of the main downtown strip area and most people probably don't drive down the strip this far. But it is a nice area and still across the road from Lake MI. The outside of the hotel is nice and everything is clean and fairly new looking. I think we paid around $90.00 for this room if I remember right. Believe me it was the best deal around. Upon check in we were greeted by a really nice, down to earth lady. She let us switch our room to 2 Queen beds instead of 2 doubles. I recommend spending the extra $5.00 and get the queens. The queens had sheet surrounded comforters (which I prefer) instead of bedspreads. Also beds were a lot nicer size for a family of four. Rooms were very clean and everything was nice. I noticed they did need to wash their bed ruffles though. There were some stains on them. Breakfast was good. It was your typical continental breakfast. I would recommend the hotel gets some nicer signs for the outside of the hotel. The signage is very plain and small print. It does not look very nice and does not do the hotel justice. Overall, would definitely stay here again and would recommend.

Room Tip: Get queen beds instead of full.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Jonathan P, Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2013

Hello!

Thank you so much for your stay and your review of our hotel. I'm glad that you enjoyed it so much and felt it was a great value. We just purchased the hotel at the end of June, and we're very lucky to have a great staff already in place that captures our hotel company's service focus.

Thank you also for your suggestions on the signage and bedding. Over the next year, we will be doing some great improvements to the property. One of those is our signage. We just finalized our new logo (we'll definitely keep our name of the Charlevoix Inn & Suites), so we're now in the process of ordering new signs and collateral for the hotel. We also will have our new large-screen HD TV's delivered next week. We have more plans for all new bedding, new breakfast updates, new roof, new landscaping, and, possibly in a few years, a new outdoor pool!

We're very excited for the improvements that are going to occur that will make our guests enjoy their stays even more. It will be a nice reward for our great staff as well.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day!

Regional Manager

Reviewed 19 July 2013

This hotel is not your top of the line elaborate Inn... However the rooms are clean, and the staff is super nice. If you need anything at all, ask the girls at the front desk. They can even give you directions and a list of activities to do in the town. I would stay in this hotel again for the price=)
My only complaint, is the hot tub was out of service during our stay. But they were working on fixing in so.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Jonathan P, Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2013

Good day!

Thank you for your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I do apologize that our hot tub was out of commission. Our management company, Riley Hotel Group, just took over running the Charlevoix Inn & Suites. We currently operate 11 hotels across the country, including the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites in Traverse City. We are planning a variety of improvements throughout the entire property for our guests and the Charlevoix Inn & Suites Family. We did decide to shut down our hot tub as we were evaluating the operations of it and we found we needed to improve some mechanical parts to it. This is all part of the steps we will take to make the Charlevoix Inn & Suites the best hotel in the area.

Thank you again for your stay. I hope we can welcome you back soon again.

Charlevoix Inn & Suites

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Once again our stay at Charlevoix inn and suites was a positive experience. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean .Breakfast was very good. Food was always available,and they did not run out of anything. The pool and hot tub were clean and very relaxing. Front desk staff was friendly and very helpful. Maid service was good and left extra towels when requested. This hotel was $89 during weekdays and $99 on weekends.Thats in Charlevoix 4th of july week. This is a ma and pa hotel and they dont price gouge the guests. But I did hear they were bought by bigger company in the last few months so they are going to fair pricing shortly.LOVE THIS HOTEL and made reservations for next 4th of July.

Room Tip: Get a third floor room with view of Lake Charlevoix. Brekfast area fills up fast so get down there e...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Jonathan P, Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Good evening!

Thank you for your kind review. I'm very happy that you enjoyed your stay. Our management company, Riley Hotel Group, did just take over management of the property for the new ownership group of the Charlevoix Inn & Suites. We're very excited to improve the Inn in areas that need improvement. We're very fortunate, though, that we the staff is already wonderful and willing to learn new things as we make the hotel better. Currently, we operate 11 hotels across the country, including the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites in Traverse City, Michigan. I assure you that we focus on value and quality of stays. Guests will see continued improvements in the hotels appearance over the next year.

We'll be happy to welcome you back to see our improvements. Thank you so much and have a great day!

Charlevoix Inn & Suites.

Reviewed 23 June 2013

Just finished a 4-night stay at the Charlevoix Inn. This hotel is acceptable but its level of comfort and service falls below the lovely town where it is located. The second day of my stay I returned to the room at dinner time to find an unmade bed and a note from the housekeeper that the bed had "too much stuff" on it. My "stuff" consisted of a MacBook Air and a book. Ridiculous. Clean sheets were brought upon request and the offer was made to make it, but I did it myself.

• Stayed: June 2013
Jonathan P, Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2013

Good evening!

Thank you for your stay and for your review. I truly apologize that you had a poor stay. I am part of the group that just purchased the Charlevoix Inn & Suites on June 27th. We are excited to revamp this hotel and bring it up to the Charlevoix quality that you hint at. The building is being washed on the outside this coming week. We're also planning landscaping, irrigation, new TV's, new bedding, and much more, including a new roof on this fall. Our company also operates the Cherry Tree Inn & Suites in Traverse City, Michigan, and we are going to bring the Charlevoix Inn & Suites in line with the quality that we have brought to the Cherry Tree. THe good thing right now is that we have a great team of inviduals already at the hotel who are excited for a new direction towards being the best hotel in Charlevoix!

Thank you again for your stay and your review. I hope you have a wonderful day and do come try us once again so you can see the changes.

Jonathan P.

Reviewed 21 June 2013

Stayed at this hotel June 15th for one night- couldn't get into my parents condo near town until Sunday night so we were looking for a one night stay- clean and comfortable-we had one of the suites- nice size room when you walk in with a kitchen, desk and hide a bed-door to one bedroom with a queen size bed and a full bathroom. This room is very spacious and extremely clean- fresh decorating. Very reasonably priced- no- its not within walking distance to Charlevoix but does have a view of the lake. Very reasonably priced. Friendly staff- would stay again!

Room Tip: if you get a room on the back of the hotel you can see Lake Charlevoix
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlevoix
Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites
#6 of 15 in Petoskey
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#8 of 15 in Petoskey

Been to Charlevoix Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!