“Clean and very reasonable. Nice staff too”

Charlevoix Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Charlevoix
“Clean and very reasonable. Nice staff too”
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Stopped in late and they were very nice and had a room available. Rooms are nice and clean. Pool and hot tub very clean. Great experience and would come here again. Very reasonable priced. Staff are very nice. You get more than you pay for ..........

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Tanya V
Jonathan P, General Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you for your review and your stay. I'm glad you enjoyed everything. You should like our renovations coming soon! We're excited to keep making the hotel better and better for our guests - we love creating great value! Have a wonderful day and come to Charlevoix soon again.

Jonathan P.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Livonia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We were in town for New Years Eve. The Weather Vane and Edgewater Bistro are a short walk. Room was very clean and comfortable. Very nice personel and breakfast bar. Weather permitting the Pine River, Round Lake, and the Lighthouse are a nice stroll.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michael R
Good evening!

I apologize for my delay in thanking you for your review and your stay. I'm glad you got to enjoy your stay and took a nice stroll down to Weathervane restaurant. That's a wonderful restaurant.

I hope you've had a nice winter and come visit again, soon!

Amsterdam
Reviewed 1 January 2014

12/30/13-This hotel fully met our expectations and at a great price. Old reported problems seem to have been overcome by new ownership. Rooms were very clean. Staff friendly. Breakfast, not fancy, but very adequate. Coffee always available. Heated indoor pool and hot tub.
Very near nice town and great winter ski areas.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Jonathan P, General Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Happy New Year!

Thank you for your stay and your kind review. I'm really happy that you enjoyed our clean hotel and friendly team. Little-by-little, we're creating a better experience for our guests. And our breakfast will be getting a revamping very soon. It's a good simple one right now (danishes, muffins, ready-to-make waffles, coffees, juices, cereals), and we plan to make it better along with much of the rest of the hotel, including the rooms.

Thank you again. Have a wonderful new year and please come visit again.

Belmont
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Charlevoix Inn and Suites was a great place to stay for our fall fishing trip. The early cont. breakfast was great, as we were up early to get out the door to be on the water at sunrise. Was great to take a nice hottub after being out on the water all day long. Room was very clean as well as the hotel. Kimberly, at the front desk as always there greeting us with a smile and asking how our day was. A great place to stay and will be back this wintertime for my snow shoeing excursion with my dog.....of which Cvoix Inn and Suites are pet friendly.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Jonathan P, General Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your recent stay and your kind review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay so much and I hope you caught a lot of great fish!

Thank you, too, for your kind note regarding Kim, and we'll be happy to welcome you and your dog in the future - we have a lot of pet-friendly rooms.

Have a nice November. We'll be happy to see you this winter!

Warren, Michigan
Reviewed 17 October 2013

Found this hotel on line. The staff were very friendly and accomadating. Room was clean and comfortable. First, I thought there would be a frig in our room and there was none. As most places we stay at, all rooms have a frig. I called the front desk to inquire about a frig and was told that only certain rooms have them. I needed a frig to keep medications in. She offered a frig for a charge of $10 a night or I could keep my medication in the frig at the front desk. First, I would never keep medication in a frig shared by other people, besides the fact it would be a inconvience, second, for the rate we paid, there should have been one in the room.
The continental breakfast was ok. I wanted oatmeal, they had instant but no microwave to cook it in, all there was available was a hot water spicket, which did not cook the oatmeal and the milk came out at room temprature.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Good evening!

Thank you for your stay and taking the time to review your stay. I'm glad you found the hotel clean and the staff friendly. I am sorry that we don't have refrigerators in all of our rooms - yet! We took over ownership of the hotel this summer, and we are making big plans to improve a variety of amenities over this next year. We have many many new changes already. One of the future improvements is refrigerators in the rooms. I do apologize we don't have them in the rooms yet.

In regards to our breakfast, we do have a microwave at the center of the our main breakfast counter. I apologize it wasn't more visible for your use.

Thank you again for your stay. I do hope you return soon to continue seeing the updates we're making. Have a wonderful fall.

Milford
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We found this hotel online and appreciated the fact it allowed pets. However, smoking was either allowed at one time and the after-effects have stuck or else the no-smoking policy has been ignored, for our room (third floor near the back stairway) had a musty, smoky odor which hit you when you opened the door. The staff was very kind in providing us with a bottle of Febreez, which helped after very liberal use, and we kept the window open and ran the fan continually. Their continental breakfast included waffles and some baked goods, the usual fare. The price was a little higher than we were looking for ($135), but again, we appreciated their allowing pets. Not sure we would stay here again, though.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Jonathan P, General Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 27 September 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your stay and taking the time to write a review. I'm glad you enjoyed our customer service, but I apologize for the condition of the room. We took over the hotel at the end of June and we are in the process of finalizing renovations of the rooms and the common areas. We are excited to change it and make it better for our guests. I do hope you return to see how we have changed, but I do apologize for the room condition. I will work with our team to make sure that we are following our "S Cubed" rule - Sight, Smell, and Sound before we make a room ready for check-in.

Thank you again and have a wonderful weekend!

Regional General Manager
Riley Hotel Group
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We chose to stay here passing through on our way to Mackinac. The price was right and they had an indoor pool. We arrived fairly late around 9:15 only to learn the pool closed at 10. The girl working the front desk was very nice and told us she'd keep it open until 10:30 for us. A very nice offer!

Our room was your basic hotel room, although small it was pretty clean and I'm a clean freak when it comes to hotels. The pool was old but clean. The only bad thing was when you turned on the jets in the hot tub there was a horrible high pitched screeching sound coming from a utility closet in the pool area. That didn't make for a very relaxing soak.

The continental breakfast was average: muffins, doughnuts, yogurt, fruit and a waffle maker. Everything was fresh and actually the cinnamon doughnuts were really good!

The morning desk attendant was just as friendly as the night clerk. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Jonathan P, Manager at Charlevoix Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Hello!

Thank you for your kind review of our hotel. I'm glad that you found the hotel to be clean and the staff to be friendly. I'm glad you got to enjoy the pool a bit before you called it a night. My company, Riley Hotel Group, just took over management for the new ownership group of the hotel, and we'll be doing a lot of great updates to the property in the coming months. We'd love to have you visit again and see all the changes.

Thank you again and have a great day!

Regional General Manager
Riley Hotel Group
Also consider these accommodations in or near Charlevoix
Weathervane Terrace Inn and Suites
The Apple Tree Inn
The Apple Tree Inn
#7 of 15 in Petoskey
Hampton Inn & Suites Petoskey

Been to Charlevoix Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!