My wife and I just got back from a two-night stay at Charlevoix Inn & Suites.
The inn is located on the eastern outskirts of town, which is nice is you're looking for a break from all the hustle and bustle of the main downtown (read: touristy) area.
The lobby area is clean and relatively spacious, with a small seating area, the breakfast room, pool room, vending/ice machines, lobby and travel brochures stand all connected to it. There is also a table with multiple types of coffee/tea, hot water, sugar/cream available to guests 24/7.
We stayed in a deluxe queen suite room. We were able to look out at Lake Charlevoix and open the windows to let in the cool lake breeze, which was very relaxing. My wife said it reminded her of looking out over Lake Lucerne in Switzerland from a hotel room on our honeymoon.
The room itself was bright, very clean and convenient. The main room had a HD TV, couch, chair, coffee table, small side table, and desk with a business chair. The kitchenette area had a sink, half-fridge (with a decent sized freezer section), mounted microwave and plenty of drawers/cabinets. On the sink were a dish towel and dishwashing soap. One of the cabinets had silverware, a box of plastic cutlery, glasses and plastic dishes/bowls. There were also a few paper plates, which were appreciated since the idea of melting their plastic dishes in the microwave was not appealing. There was also a individual cup coffee maker with several packets of coffee. (And, of course, if you want more coffee/tea, it's available in the lobby.)
The bedroom had a large dresser with plenty of drawers, a bedside table with a drawer, a large sink area and a walk-in closet to hang clothes and store luggage in. Yes, the bathroom itself is pretty small (toilet on the right side of the sliding door, shower to the left side).
There were some small scuff marks on the wall and the light in the actual shower itself needs to be replaced (but the light in the bathroom is fine, so you're hardly showering in darkness).
The continental breakfast was a step above the normal continental breakfast experience thanks to two waffle makers and the availability of hard boiled eggs, which I've rarely found at a continental breakfast. They also had fresh fruit, bread/English muffins, danishes/muffins, yogurt and several varieties of cereal.
However, what made the trip was the staff. My wife and I had car problems and needed to leave a day earlier than expected. I worried that this was going to be an issue, as I had paid up-front through Groupon. Raini, the night clerk, contacted Jonathan, the general manager about my situation and he said it would be no problem giving me a voucher for a future stay to cover any nights we might miss because of our car. This was deeply appreciated, as I know that the hotels are paid up front by Groupon and not obligated to compensate guests if their trips are cut short. This showed me that they really are concerned about their guests.
The day we left, Nancy called Bob from the front desk, and he jumped my car so we could leave--including following us to the nearby gas station so he could jump us again. He did this without complaint and was happy to help. The whole staff was as friendly and helpful as Bob. They made a frustrating situation easier to deal with.
Value-wise, it is a great deal for the price that you pay, considering there are easily more expensive places to stay downtown and they seem to be concerned with doing the little things right. I'd stay there again without hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With gorgeous views of Lake Charlevoix and an adjacent setting to Charlevoix Golf Club, the Charlevoix Inn & Suites' smoke-free facilities make your stay just right for your time in Charlevoix the Beautiful. Amenities include a complimentary continental breakfast with locally roasted and freshly ground coffee, complimentary wireless Internet access, indoor pool and hot tub, and a 24-hour Front Desk team. All rooms feature new pillow-top beds and pillows, 39" LED TV's, refrigerators, microwaves, coffee makers, iron and ironing boards, and complimentary bath amenities. Many rooms feature full views of Lake Charlevoix. Other rooms include views of Charlevoix Golf Club. Escape to Charlevoix and only stay at the best today! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Charlevoix Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charlevoix Hotel Charlevoix
- Charlevoix Inn And Suites