“Good food!”

Cuisines: Italian, Mexican, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great place to eat. The staff is very friendly. It has a nice cozy atmosphere. Great Mexican and Italian food. We dine here quite frequently.

2  Thank Donald M

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We've been going to The Gavel for years. The menu has never changed much in that time. Today the husband got a Reuben sandwich with homemade chips. I got their taco salad. Both were OK. The good news is that we were seated immediately, acknowledged immediately, and received our food quickly.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Nice decor, nice people, fresh OJ. Good breakfast. Versatile, flexible to requests. Would eat here again.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Restaurant has seen its day and seems to be stuck in 1980. Dark and dreary decor with a boring menu. Food is just ok. Service is less than inspired. Been several times trying to figure out what keeps others coming back, still haven't seen it. Will not go back unless someone else insists on it.

Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have gone to this restaurant off and on for a few years. I like and enjoy the breakfasts. The dinner menu, I believe is too wide to specialize in anything in particular, and that is why a lot of what I eat is hit or miss. more often than not, it is a miss. Drinks are always properly prepared, but I still have hopes that they will narrow their menu into something consistently good. Its okay and I check in from time to time, but not impressed