“Sort of clean Room with pleasant staff”

Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea
Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Chelsea
Boulder, Colorado
“Sort of clean Room with pleasant staff”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed just one night and because we travel with our our dog we were charged an extra 40.00 which was not something we were expecting on top of the 165.00 a night for a week night. That 40.00 gets you a room that many pets have slept in and a dirty carpet but we know that is unavoidable when traveling with a pet. For this caliber of hotel the price was just not worth it especially since I am a frequent stay member and the room was not even an executive room as promised . Overall we did enjoy the hotel pool and the beds were great! I would stay again but for a lower price, next time I will be sure to negotiate better! We have stayed in similar hotels in Ann Arbor and we had better luck with getting the pet fee waived or a reduction in the rate and surprisingly enough the rooms were cleaner.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive room, it will have a microwave and fridge in it plus a sitting area. If you don...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Maggie L
JOSEF H, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Maggie L,

Thank you for taking to post a review regrading your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Chelsea.

We apologize that your stay was less then perfect, we strive day in and day out to provide all of our guests with the chance to enjoy their stay.

The Holiday Inn Express Chelsea is a pet Friendly Hotel, and like many animal owners, we consider your pet as part of your family. As such, we carefully consider its needs, care and well-being when you stay with us.

Unlike the old days, ­when you were forced to leave your pet with a sitter, you now have the options available if you want to take it along with you on the road thanks to pet friendly Hotels like the Holiday Inn Express Chelsea for making this possible.

Our establishments, will grant your pets the same respect we grant you. Remember, however, that not all hotels will be willing to house your pet.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcome You and your Pet back for another stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel during a hockey camp at the nearby Arctic Coliseum. The proximity to the rink are a plus - it is literally a 2 minute drive to the rink. Unfortunately, Real Madrid was in town to play Manchester United in Ann Arbor, so hotel prices were through the roof - more than 200 dollars a night for the weekend, which was crazy for a hotel of this caliber.

The rooms are clean, the staff friendly, it is a pretty typical Holiday Inn Express. Breakfast was the typical scrambled eggs, sausage and biscuits.

I used the workout room a couple of times, and it seemed in good shape, I didn't get a chance to try the pool. Free Wifi is available, although I had to regularly re-enter my code when my computer went into sleep mode.

You could hear people walking or running on the floor above, so this isn't the quietest of hotels, but it wasn't too bad, and stopped later in the evening.

Overall, I would stay at the hotel again as long as I can get it for the normal rate in the early hundreds. At 200 plus, I am going to shop harder for alternatives.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank phildude
JOSEF H, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Phildude,

Thank you for your feedback regrading your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express, Chelsea.

Our strategic location and the close proximity to the ARCTIC COLISEUM makes our Hotel an ideal location when staying in Chelsea for a Hockey Tournament.

Our room rate are very reasonable in comparison to Ann Arbor Area Hotels as their average room rate for this large city wide special event were on the upper 400's !!

Real Madrid VS Manchester United was once of a life time event to witness these two giants live up close and personal without travelling to England, from a Soccer Fans respective is as large as our Super Bowl.

We appreciate your patronage and we look forward to welcome you back soon during the Hockey Season!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Chelsea to celebrate my daughter's birthday. I work for a different local hotel but chose this specific hotel b/c it is in my hometown AND because they advertised having a "kidsuite". Upon checking in, I was questioned extensively by the front desk manager when he saw that I was holding a birthday cake. I was asked in a harsh & hostile manner how many people I would have in my room, if I would be swimming, when I would be swimming, etc. I felt uncomfortable and unwelcome before I even began my stay. As I previously mentioned, I work for a hotel myself. I understand that maybe previous guests have exceeded the # of people per room or maybe have had unruly guests but considering that I work for a hotel, I knew that I would exceed the limit per room or allow the kids to act like wild animals. Nor did I want more kids than I could handle. When I finally made it to my room, after being what felt like questioned by detectives, I was was completely disgusted by our room. Of course I didn't say anything though b/c I needed the kid suite and already didn't feel welcome by the front desk staff. The room had a set of bunk beds, a queen bed, a small sofa w/pull out. It also has a kitchenette with table & chairs, a desk and a sitting chair next to the sofa. The sitting chair was covered in stains & when I lifted the cushion, there was garbage from the previous guests. The sofa cushions were torn exposing the foam. The pool was small but fine enough for us at 1st. When we came back down in the evening for a swim before bed, a baseball team had checked in & was playing in the pool. They splashed water everywhere. That wasn't the issue. It's a pool, of course there's water everywhere. They are also teenage boys. Not a problem. The problem I had was that the water wasn't draining off the floor. I didn't know that I should have worn rain boots to watch the kids swim. The water was over an inch thick on the floor. It could potentially be a dangerous situation if someone slipped and fell. I probably wouldn't have said anything regarding my stay had I not felt so unwelcome from the beginning. I was embarrassed and felt as if I had done something wrong when I hadn't even made it passed the lobby, I guess if they don't want kids to stay in their hotel, maybe they shouldn't advertise having a "kidsuite". Just a thought.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Jessica M
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Dear Jessica M,

Thank you for your review about your stay. It is truly unfortunate to see that you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. We have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Hudson
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Recently completed a 12 day stay and can't say enough good things. We were having to relocate to this area due to family illness and the controller, Layth Saco, did everything he could to get us the reservation during a prime time (race weekend) and at a fair rate. He and his staff were so accomodating to my husband and me during a very stressful time. I can say the same of every member of the staff including housekeeping, breakfast area and front desk. Some of our needs were beyond what would normally be expected of a typical hotel guest and they made us feel at home and cared about.

Room Tip: We stayed in a King Executive room which had a king size bed, sofa bed and sitting chair as well as...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Barbara P
JOSEF H, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Barbara P,

Thank you very much for taking the Time to post this awesome review regarding your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express, Chelsea.

Making our Guests feels home away from home is our ultimate goal specially during the tuff time of an illness of a family member, We know how stressful such an event could be and we always do our best to help in any way shape or form.

Your Compliment will serve as an encouragement to the entire staff to continue providing our guests with a unique experience to accommodate their needs.

On behalf of the entire staff, I like to extend our best wishes to your husband for a speedy recovery. you and your husband are in our thoughts and prayers, May The Lord GOD Bless You!

Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This is a decently renovated hotel with a nice breakfast and a nice pool. The rooms are pretty standard. Nothing special. The location was convenient for our trip, but there isn't much around other than a few fast food restaurants and a gas station.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Devin L
Dear Devin,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review regarding your recent visit to our Hotel.

At Holiday Inn Express Chelsea, we know more breakfast choices makes for a happier start to the day. That's why we've brought your favorite brands such as Chobani Yogurt, Kellogg’s, and Quaker to our FREE Express Start Breakfast Bar, while keeping your favorite buffet-style classics. Whether you crave a hearty, healthy, protein-packed or on the go breakfast, there's more for you to choose that fits your life.

The city of Chelsea have over 31 Restaurants and different Cuisine to satisfy every taste, From the Common Grill to Smokehouse 52 BBQ to Cleary's Irish Pub and much more to list.

We look forward to see you back soon so could suggest a unique dinning Experience in our local area to satisfy your need.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This was fine for an overnight
Stay. Nice facility for a brief stay
Chairs on room stained and dirty
Kind of disgusting
Breakfast was good. Pancakes
Biscuits. Sausage.
Beware if you stay over Thursday night. Garbage truck rolled in with bells and whistles and crashing of bins at 4:15 AM on Friday morning no sleep allowed

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank GINEEMS
JOSEF H, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear GINEEMS From Detroit,

We value your feedback regarding your recent visit to our establishment. Whether you’re stopping in on the way to somewhere or with us for a week,the ability to get things done are keys to a great stay. We know your world is a busy place, and that’s why we make sure all the things you need most are within easy reach. From our Hot Delicious Breakfast and High speed internet to your choice of pillows to a great shower, the Holiday Inn Express Chelsea have just what you need nothing more.

We look forward to see you again soon. Thank you!
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My son and I traveled to the state up north . . . to play in a Disc golf tournament. We did not have place to stay and found our way to this hotel off I-94. Man did we get lucky . . . clean comfortable rooms, very friendly staff and the manager went out of his way to give us the best room at a reasonable rate (some hotels take advantage of walk ins). The manager also recommended a great Irish Pub "Cleary's" in Chelsea. Overall it was an awesome stay and a great weekend with my son. We will stay there again!!

P.S. Chelsea is a really cool/hip town.

Room Tip: Get the cookies quick . . . they dont last long!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank DiscGolfer4Life
JOSEF H, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear DiscGolfer4Life,

Thank you for taking the time to write this Awesome review regarding your recent visit to the Holiday Inn Express Chelsea,

We believe that Good things happen after a great night’s rest, and our rooms are all about helping you get it. You’ll find your choice of firm or soft pillows waiting on the bed, along with fresh, clean linens to sink into.

When your day of traveling comes to a close, enjoy the warmth of our welcome chocolate chip cookie, fresh from the oven just for you.

Our friendly hospitable staff are standing by to welcome you in, point you to the right direction or offer a recommendation for a place to have a meal with your friends and family.

In the city of Chelsea, where small town living takes on a big attitude. It's a place full of possibilities to experience something new everyday. We've put the spotlight on the trendy, the inspiring and the new. But we also value the tradition of a peaceful rural living.

At Holiday Inn Express Chelsea, we know more breakfast choices makes for a happier start to the day. That's why we've brought your favorite brands such as Chobani, Kellogg’s, and Quaker to our FREE Express Start Breakfast Bar, while keeping your favorite buffet-style classics. Whether you crave a hearty, healthy, protein-packed or on the go breakfast, there's more for you to choose that fits your life.

We all appreciate your patronage and value your positive feedback, We look forward to welcome you back to yet another AWESOME STAY!

Best Regards,
GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chelsea
Comfort Inn
#28 of 35 in Ann Arbor
Hampton Inn & Suites Ann Arbor West
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Ann Arbor
Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Ann Arbor University North

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites Chelsea? Share your experiences!