“Awesome food and service!”
Review of Junction of Hope

Junction of Hope
Ranked #10 of 17 Restaurants in Chesaning
Cuisines: American
Saginaw MI
“Awesome food and service!”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Well worth the 30 minute drive to this locally popular destination eaterie in a rural farming area and seemingly in the middle of nowhere mid-Michigan. Breakfast served all day!!! Veggie omelet was perfection, served precisely as ordered (w/ Eggbeaters and dry wheat toast). Small side plate of hash browns was OMG wonderfully crisped and super tasty. Service was perfect--attentive but not overly so. The restaurant was totally spic and span, including the bathrooms. Observed a group dining room separated from the general dining area that would be the perfect gathering place for a small party or shower. I'd be dining here far more often if it were closer to home..guaranteed. My group of 4 ladies delighted in our lunch experience there. Added to the fact that Junction of Hope is a non-profit and provides training for disabled individuals--we have plenty of motivation to return. I wish my hometown had dining establishments half this good. Definitely will be back asap!!

• Visited October 2013

Tri Cities
“Not Just Great Food & Service But 1st NON Profit Restaurant in USA !”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

This was a totally awesome experience!
A hidden & surprising gem!
Located on the outskirts of town, this place looks like just a small diner...
but wow what an amazing mission!

So many positives it makes me say again.... "there are no excuses of anything less"!
Upon entering the first thing I noticed was that is it VERY clean!

It is nicely decorated right down to the bathrooms decor! And the bathrooms were also extremely clean!

Now before I tell you about the food... I will tell you that I learned from our WONDERFUL server Misty, that the entire placed is cleaned and cared for completely by the staff of Special Needs People!
Now is there any excuse for any restaurant being unclean? I think NOT! :)

Our server Misty was very informative when we ask detailed specifics about foods we were considering ordering. Most helpful and honest in giving her answers.

Ok, on to food. Prices were soooo reasonable!

Everything is homemade! And it shows!

Pretty traditional American foods. Some Mexican Food entrees also.

The salad bar had ROMAINE not iceberg! WOW! Hardly any one does that! Love it!
Many toppings that were fresh. Other tuna mac, cole slaw & potato salads. VERY Clean salad bar & surroundings! And while we were there additional fresh items were being placed on it.

When our server brought my Mums liver I said to her "that liver looks like it will be super tender". She took a bite and said she never has had it so tender and delicious!
I was then intrigued to try it. And I said the same thing! Mum even expressed to our server how wonderful it was!

So I ordered Walleye. I am the fussiest eater anyway....but with fish I am even more so.

It was a nice thin batter, not over salty. The fish was GREAT!

Both our meals had Am Fries. How refreshing they were sliced real potatoes with the skin on! And lightly pan fried. Not greasy and not salted. Very good. Just a huge portion!

We felt the meals were generous portions & well plated.

So Mum wants to take coconut creme pie home for dessert later.

That evening we had it. WOW! VERY VERY Good! Looked & Tasted like homemade crust too!

We had interaction with the Special Needs staff and they were so kind & pleasant!

Although this is a little far for us, we said we would definitely make it a destination to come again!

Also, see the photos of the "Gathering Room". I said "We must have our Christmas Party here!"
Simply elegant! Absolutely perfect elegance, yet comfortable for a semi casual soiree!

What an amazing place with an awesome mission!

The 1st NON Profit (NGO) Restaurant in all of USA!

Yes! We would like some more of this please!

• Visited June 2013