“BED BUGS”

Brass Bell Inn and Suites
Brass Bell Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chesaning
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Worst place we ever stayed. The health dept. needs to shut it down!!!!! Stay away....Far away.

Room Tip: Quality Inns are the best.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mark C

Reviewed 25 November 2011

We looked up reviews and they all sounded great. Apparently we got the old ones. We were in the room for less than 30 minutes and wanted to be sick from the smell. The remote didn't work and we were told that the 'Free WIFI in Every Room' wasn't available for us because our room was too far away. When I asked for my money back I was charged $25 because we had "checked in and were now checking out". It was worth the money to get out of there!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Crappy rooms, bad bed, undrinkable/unbathable water that smells like sulfer and crap.
Stay away!!!

4  Thank Illinifanz
Reviewed 11 April 2010

I stayed at the hotel because I was hired to officiate a wedding that was being held at the Brass Bell banquet hall next tot he Brass Bell Inn and Suites. This place is HORRIBLE! after checking in one employee used his pass key and walked right into my room w/o knocking 1st, while I was unpacking! The bathroom sink was leaking and flooded the entire room including my belongings, then after being switched to another room, I woke up in the middle of the night feeling something crawl across my neck, I found BED BUGS all thru the comfortor. I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
7  Thank DaniLynnWeddings
Reviewed 4 May 2009

We have been here in the past and it has hit rock bottom. The owners are the same people but not the same people. Get it. They were rude. Which surprised me because we were the only guests there on a Saturday night!!! Forget about a continental breakfast. It doesnt happen and never has. One year they had cheese and crackers. At least theres a McDonalds across the street.

As far as the room goes, you get what you pay for. I dont mind the Red Room. Big jacuzzi with a horrible smell of well water that has also gotten worse over the years. We asked for three towels and they only gave us two. WOW.

Do yourself a favor STAY AWAY. Go to the Colonial Motel down the street

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Bigdogg04
Reviewed 25 November 2007

We stayed 2 nights in one of the suites with jacuzzi and fireplace. Room was not very clean. Cable didn't work. Very noisy! Had to wait for a towel to dry hands on for a few hours while they did laundry. Website states Full Hearty Continental Breakfast included. First morning all that was left was a little juice and a pack of crackers and we went down long before the end of the breakfast times. The second morning we were at least an hour earlier going to breakfast and very few guests that night. The only food available was one package of cinnamon covered doughnuts! So much for Full Hearty breakfast! The 1st morning from 7-8 the owner yelled down the hall greeting guests as they left. The 2nd night at 1:30 in the morning the
two owners were yelling to each other up and down the hall in general conversation for at least 20 minutes before one of the other quests told them to be quite he had to get some sleep to be able to leave at 6am. The doors are very thin and you can hear even quiet voices. It is
extremely bad if it is the owners that are extremely loud at all hours!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
4  Thank TWHEAT11
Reviewed 28 August 2007

Booked a room there for 2 nights because of travel to area for a funeral. Room was not very clean, especially the carpet. The air conditioner didn't work and the weather was very warm. It was late when we got back to the room that night after visiting with family and we were too tired to bother with changing to another room or requesting repairs.
We checked out after the 1st night and when I informed them that the A.C. was not cooling room at all their response was " It works, the weather is just too hot".
We checked into the Colonial Motel about a mile from the Brass Bell for our last night there and were very pleased with the cleanliness and friendliness of the management (and it even had a coffee maker in the room!).
Motels are few in this area and quite aged so options are limited. The rooms were the same price (cheap) and a little less at the Colonial because they offered us a discount for AARP.
Avoid the Brass Bell!

Stayed: July 2007
5  Thank FloridaBrewsky

Been to Brass Bell Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!