“Yogi is the greatest!”

Brass Bell Inn and Suites
Brass Bell Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chesaning
Reviewed 18 July 2012

While it is true that the Brass Bell is an older motel in a small town the owner, Yogi, did everything in his power to accomodate us. Yes, the decor is dated and the water smells in Chesaning but we found the Brass Bell to be comfortable and a fine place to stay while in town for our family reunion.

Give it a chance and be nice...like another reviewer stated...You get more flies with honey than vinegar.

Room Tip: Didn't mean to rate the "pool" terrible,..there just isn't one.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Yvette0630

Reviewed 16 July 2012

There were limited hotels to choose from and I thought from the website it would be ok. It was not. The staff was rude. The carpets were horrible and the beds were stained. Cleanliness was not a top priority here. Drive to the next town before you stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Nivelo199
Reviewed 17 December 2011

Worst place we ever stayed. The health dept. needs to shut it down!!!!! Stay away....Far away.

Room Tip: Quality Inns are the best.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 25 November 2011

We looked up reviews and they all sounded great. Apparently we got the old ones. We were in the room for less than 30 minutes and wanted to be sick from the smell. The remote didn't work and we were told that the 'Free WIFI in Every Room' wasn't available for us because our room was too far away. When I asked for my money back I was charged $25 because we had "checked in and were now checking out". It was worth the money to get out of there!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Crappy rooms, bad bed, undrinkable/unbathable water that smells like sulfer and crap.
Stay away!!!

4  Thank Illinifanz
Reviewed 11 April 2010

I stayed at the hotel because I was hired to officiate a wedding that was being held at the Brass Bell banquet hall next tot he Brass Bell Inn and Suites. This place is HORRIBLE! after checking in one employee used his pass key and walked right into my room w/o knocking 1st, while I was unpacking! The bathroom sink was leaking and flooded the entire room including my belongings, then after being switched to another room, I woke up in the middle of the night feeling something crawl across my neck, I found BED BUGS all thru the comfortor. I couldn't get out of there fast enough!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled on business
7  Thank DaniLynnWeddings
Reviewed 4 May 2009

We have been here in the past and it has hit rock bottom. The owners are the same people but not the same people. Get it. They were rude. Which surprised me because we were the only guests there on a Saturday night!!! Forget about a continental breakfast. It doesnt happen and never has. One year they had cheese and crackers. At least theres a McDonalds across the street.

As far as the room goes, you get what you pay for. I dont mind the Red Room. Big jacuzzi with a horrible smell of well water that has also gotten worse over the years. We asked for three towels and they only gave us two. WOW.

Do yourself a favor STAY AWAY. Go to the Colonial Motel down the street

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Bigdogg04
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chesaning
The Pines Country Inn
The Pines Country Inn
#1 of 3 in Owosso
The Comstock Inn & Conference Center
Hampton Inn Birch Run/Frankenmuth
Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth
Ramada Saginaw Hotel & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Birch Run

Been to Brass Bell Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!