“Bed bugs beware bed bugs”

Brass Bell Inn and Suites
Brass Bell Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Chesaning
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Stayed at brass bug inn what a dump nasty rooms and BED BUGS as far as I know if one room has them they all do half the wedding party left in the middle of the night because they were getting bit!!!!!

Room Tip: Do not stay here unless you have a bed bug farm at home you are looking to make bigger
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Troy T

Reviewed 20 September 2013

The website advertised a continental breakfast, there was none. No coffee makers in room, went up to get coffee, there was none. The owners were not in the office when we came to check in. The entrance smelled. I didn't take a shower because I felt uncomfortable.,.,

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Roseanne S
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the brass bell after photographing a wedding. It was close and convenient to where we were and there was not much else. The front office was cluttered and no one was there when we arrived. When we got into the room it was old and looked like it needed renovations. The carpet and mattresses were stained and the walls were a dingy orange/yellow color. For 50 bucks I guess you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Photofox88
Reviewed 20 July 2013

OMG!!!!! We were suggested to book here from my brothers wedding. After getting to our room late at night after rehearsal dinner we had no choice but to drive 30 minutes away to the nearest 24 hour store to buy cheap sheets and blankets just to sleep. And we had to wear flip flops in the shower. The smell in hallway makes you gag. We put sheets on the floor just to walk in. Hours away from home and being in my brothers wedding I had no choice but to stay but make no mistake deep down all I wanted to do was cry and run away. Sure glad I don't have my kids with me!!!! Never in my life have I ever witness these conditions. Definitely a UnFoRgEtTaBlE experience :/

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Aburso463
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I stopped in here to get an idea of the rooms for my upcoming wedding. I thought of leaving the second I entered the "lobby" because of the horrible smell, but I figured what the heck might as well check the rest out. The man who I had to pick up a phone and call for because he was not at the desk was nice I suppose but had food spilled all over his clothes, and already it was hard to get past the run down feel of the place. He showed me 1 room from each category of rooms they have and I was not impressed with any of them. They felt dirty each and every one just by walking in them for 30 seconds I could tell they do not take care of the place. The RED ROOM or so called HONEY MOON SUITE looked and felt like it could have been a pay by the hour kind of room. Im surprised that there was not a quarter machine next to the bed to make it vibrate. There were mirrors on the ceiling and staines in the carpet. The smoke detector was hanging off of the wall from its wires. Every second more I spent in there I wanted to run out and scream no way in hell! This place was beyond trashy and I wouldn't even stay there if I was just passing through let alone book these rooms for my friends or family.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank anonymous4212
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed one night here. Didn't expect much for 50 bucks. Wore flip flops, used Lysol ,slept in a sleeping bag. Walked across the street to McDonalds (life saver). slept with one eye open. Everything was fine. Owner seemed nice.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank John D
Reviewed 7 September 2012

We had made a reservation at the Brass Bell and had someone in town check out the rooms. They said that we might seek out another place to stay. So we called to cancel a day ahead of time and was charged $35 for reserving the room.
So evenidently you can save money by staying and then leaving and save $10.

Room Tip: I would chose Bonnie Mill (they book quickly) or make a short trip to Owosso to the Comfort Inn. You...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Clifton S

Been to Brass Bell Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!