Doherty Hotel
US$74
Priceline
US$150
US$147
Soaring Eagle Waterpark and Hotel(Mount Pleasant)
US$121
US$101
Wolds Motel(Mount Pleasant)
US$60
Mt. Pleasant Inn & Suites(Mount Pleasant)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$79
Hotels.com
Chippewa Motel(Mount Pleasant)
US$65
US$124
US$102
US$68
All reviewsgolf packagegas fireplacevery nice staypool area isan older hotelget awayroom was largefamily run hotelsandwichhot tublocal areanice surpriseincluded breakfastomelet stationkeep an eyeolder partirish pub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2013

This was our first visit to Clare as part of a group golf trip. There were some very nice points to the hotel, but the not-so-nice outweighed them in our humble opinion.
The good:
Great staff - very friendly, accomodating, welcoming.
Really good food - had 2 dinners and 3 breakfasts and would stop in for dinner again even if not staying at the hotel
Nice location right in the middle of downtown

Why we won't stay again:
We had booked an upgrade to the package with Room 114 - suite with whirlpool tub. The room had a window directly to the pool with the bedroom window to the outside. Carpet felt a little 'tacky' - but we thought maybe it was because the room was next to the pool. Furnishings/bedroom could use an upgrade. Even with every light on in all rooms, it was very dark and even difficult to see in the suitcase in the bedroom or have a comfortable reading light in the living room. I was going to make a quick pot of coffee and just happened to look into the water resevoir of the coffee pot (just an odd habit of mine) and there was a bug (about 1/2") inside and the whole inside was dirty. My husband took the whole pot to the reception desk and they promptly sent a much cleaner pot to the room. Met our friends for drinks in the bar - which seemed to have no air conditioning and the drinks were weak - so moved to the dining area for dinner. Nice dinner and no complaints about the food. Then back to the room, where there were bugs (twice) in the bathroom. So now I'm really not all that comfortable with the room - it's dark so I don't know if I can see bugs on the carpet - and I know that they're in the room. UGH. If we weren't with a group, we would have checked out after the first night.

So although the staff was great, we won't stay again.

Room Tip: Don't choose a ground floor room next to the pool.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank NanComm
Reviewed 10 June 2013

The accommodations are a bit dated, but the stay was very enjoyable nonetheless. The restaurant was 'upscale' with great food, great service, and a nice selection.

The town is really nice and the bakery 'Cops & Doughnuts' is definitely worth visiting.

The only downside I could find is that the people sharing the pool stated that the pool and hottub are included in the local gym membership. I don't think this is fair to hotel guests

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 May 2013

$9 Salmon BLT: excellent. Salmon nicely cooked. Top of the line romain and tomato. generous amounts of crispy bacon and salmon, great bread. friendly staff gave the right amount of attention to our needs. Room was comfortable - not noisy or dark Sports on TV's not loud. Windows gave connection to the outside without glare. Subdued, intimate size and character of the room was still interesting and we liked it better than the dining room where we've eaten before. I'd recommend this sandwich to anyone looking for a hearty tasty meal.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bert_seyfarth
Reviewed 21 May 2013

My husband and I booked a one night stay at the Hotel for our 36 anniversary. When I called the sales staff was wonderful and booking me the specific room that I asked for. The Romantic Getaway was one night with some extras attached. The extras were: A split of champagne which was chilled along with chocolates wrapped up beautifully on a plate and in our room at check in. Also, we received two coupons for their "awesome" Bloody Mary's which we enjoyed in the bar. We also had two coupons for a wonderful breakfast with many choices and also a coupon towards dinner. My husband had the best prime rib he has ever had that evening and my Southwest Pasta was excellent. The staff was great from check in to check out. Our waitress, Tasha, was excellent and had great customer service both in the restaurant and bar area. It was very quiet during the week. This was our second time there this year. Pool and hot tub were wonderful. Again, hot tub area, meaning the wood, could use a bit of an upgrade and the fan in the bathroom ran and was dusty.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor down the hall from the Sales Office and the room had a window looking out to the pool area. It was very quiet and we had no interruptions.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Very good golf package with some very nice golf courses. Stayed twice last year with a group of 12. Well treated, great breakfast and nice bar. Heading up again this year in the spring and early fall.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends