“Comfortable small restaurant”

Ranked #3 of 57 Restaurants in Clawson
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Due Venti is owned and operated by a couple who specialize in northern Italian cuisine. The intimate atmosphere and consistently delicious food (that is prepared with great attention to detail) keeps us coming back. The wine list is not extensive, but you should find something to your liking that pairs well with your dinner selection. The menu is a rather small, but every dish has been expertly prepared and there is a good range of choices.
A great place to take a few people or a romantic dinner for a couple. You will always be treated well. Our last visit was with friends who had not previously dined there. We had a wonderful 2 hour dining experience and they will be back.

1  Thank Bluefield007

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Due Venti is a special place - operated by a couple with passion for food and service. It's located in an unassuming suburb of Detroit and not where you would anticipate finding a destination restaurant. Yet it works. The decor is light and airy filled with pictures and pieces from the couple's family collectables. Tables are set nicely. It's small (around a dozen tables inside and a few on an outside patio that can be used seasonally weather permitting). The food is excellent. Choices are from a seasonally changing menu - and in a sign of detailed attention, it is limited in size. And then they do their preparations with a twist. We began with a delightful green bean salad, done with a light herbed oil and topped with a poached egg; a surprisingly good combination. Understanding that Italian cuisine is the preparation - we've have it world-wide, means that you can use different ingredients not necessarily found in Italy. We were recently in Australia and had the wonderful experience of the delectable fish barramundi; here it was prepared perfectly and served over white beans; the Pacific red snapper again cooked perfectly and served over a pesto inspired risotto; flatbreads with prosciutto nicely done. Wines nicely paired available by glass or bottle. Service attentive and professional. A place to dine - take your time - in the Italian style.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I found this restaurant, which is less than 5 miles from my home, on trip advisor after deciding I was tired of "the usual." My sister in law and I headed out, and the restaurant was all that was promised and more. Service and quality are what due venti must mean.

We sat outside in the garden, and when I was just about to cry uncle because the umbrella wasn't blocking the hot sun, the waitress offered to move it for me (it was on wheels though you coudln't tell). It was part of an "all about you" attitude at this place. We had a wine she recommended that had a blend with Amorne (spelling?) grape it in and it was delicious - again, better than the "usual cab". We split a house salad - delicious - everything is locally grown and/or handmade in house, even the pasta. My sister in law had the sea bass which she said was great (I'm allergic to fish) and I had the braised short ribs - very good - served over a beautiful risotto. We didn't do desert because we'd had enough food. Our waitress (Genvieve?) was attentive and helpful without being overbearing or controlling. Look forward to going back and trying other dishes - the gnocchi looked fabulous as well. It is a seasonal menu designed to leverage Michigan's local agriculture industry. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

My girlfriend and I went to dinner at due venti. We had heard about the restaurant from a friend and wanted to try. It is not a big restaurant, and the seating area had a cozy atmosphere. We ordered the calamari appetizer, and we very much enjoyed it. It was very fresh tasting. I ordered the sea bass and my girlfriend ordered the lamb. Both dishes were delicious and very fresh tasting. For dessert we ordered a caramel gelato with smoked sea salt. It was one of the best desserts I have ever had.

The service was very nice. The people are friendly. But it is a leisurely dinner. We were there for over two hours. We were not in a hurry so for us it was nice.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

This food was amazing great place for a romantic dinner. The outdoor seating is wonderful and downtown clawson has really improved