“A gem of a little restaurant”
Review of Clawson Grill

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Clawson Grill
Ranked #9 of 55 Restaurants in Clawson
Green Valley, Arizona
“A gem of a little restaurant”
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We found this restaurant completely by chance and very glad we did. The Clawson Grill is really more like a family diner with booth, table and counter seating. The menu has many tasty selections to satisfy any craving. I had the Clawson Favorite - can't go wrong with something named for the restaurant and the town, right? - and was not disappointed. Thinly sliced and heated Dearborn ham with lightly melted cheese, tomato and lettuce toppings in a soft sub-style bun. Outstanding. Wife had a chicken gyro chock full of tender roasted diced chicken in a tasty Greek dressing and pita bread. Yummy. Service was quick and friendly. Highly recommend this place for delicious food at a reasonable price.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Gary Z

Royal Oak, Michigan
“Nice neighborhood diner”
Reviewed 5 May 2013

I think I’ve been spoiled lately by having lunch at too many fabulous restaurants. Tried the Clawson Grill for the first time because we were headed to Telly’s after lunch, Clawson Grill was on the way, and the reviews made it sound like the place to try. Service is prompt and friendly. The chicken soup of the day was delicious. The noodles were not overcooked and they were substantial. We split a chicken sandwich that was good but nothing special.

Clawson Grill is a clean well-run diner that you want to stop in at for reliable and tasty food at a good price. Two cups of soup, coffee, iced tea, and a chicken sandwich was 12.00. We ate outside. Clawson Grill provides a nice patio area for diners. Parking is free. We didn’t wait to be seated. Our service was courteous. The food was good. Nothing was really wrong but I suppose I was yearning for something a bit more exciting on the menu.

I had breakfast across the street at Frittata the Sunday before. Perhaps my delightfully creative and much more expensive breakfast was still locked in my memory banks. Going to Clawson? Stop in for a bite. The food will be good.

• Visited May 2013
Birmingham, Michigan
“Great little diner is a hidden gem.”
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

Food is great. Diner is clean, full of helpful staff, no waiting. Lunch is awesome. Daily soups are delicious. Everything is fresh and tasty. I enjoy the hot sandwiches. The turkey is my favorite. Today I tried the corn chowder soup which tasted home made. Better than mom makes actually. One of my favorite spots for lunch.

Visited April 2013
Royal Oak, Michigan
“Local Favorite for Breakfast”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Tiny diner with a lot of heart and great breakfast fare. A huge breakfast menu with all the favorites and a few surprises. omlettes, waffles, pancakes, and really great bacon. My favorite is Sara's homemade corned beef hash (they also have the canned has, if that's really what you want). Good coffee that is refilled almost constantly. Dining along? Get a seat near the wide screen tv.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Christine V
“If you want breakfast in Clawson, the Clawson Grill is your best option.”
Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

Everyone I have ever brought to the Clawson Grill loves it. The food is good, and the service is great. Serval people recommend the breakfast bowl, and I like the egg white omelettes.

Just as an FYI - you won't be sat until your entire party arrives. They do have space next door where you can wait inside and drink coffee. They keep track of the wait list, and keep things moving!

• Visited March 2013