“Excellent Vietnamese food”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Definitely one of my favorite restaurants in greater Detroit area. Food is always excellent, fresh and prepared in a very healthy way. Besides the traditonal Pho, which is very good, we enjoy the mango papaya salad, the fresh rolls and all of the beef dishes. Then there is the sweet mango rish for dessert. Yum.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

The outside had me intrigued and I love Pho soup. Seemed like a no-brainer. We get inside, and it's shockingly small with no decor or atmosphere. Actually, I would almost venture to say that it's just an awkward set up altogether (you'll see if you go). I will say that the service was EXCELLENT.

The soup was very disappointing. No flavor. I could tell everything had just been tossed together right after my order. All soup needs to simmer to release the flavors. What I had here was broth, inappropriately-sized chicken, noodles, and a few vegetables tossed on top. Canned chicken noodle soup tastes far better. My husband had a decent, but over-priced stir-fry ($19 for a small portion). I guess my fav Vietnamese restaurant in Florida spoiled me. Not for us.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

We are on Weight Watchers so we had looked up what foods were how many points before we went. They had many of the items we could choose from and they were delicious. We especially liked the spring rolls.
Family owned and operated. Beautiful space and friendly service.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

We've been to this restaurant on a number of occasions: sometimes the food excels, other times just okay. It's Vietnamese in style and the recipes have been developed over the years by the owner. The locale is in downtown Clawson, a small northern Detroit suburb, in a corner building on the main street. The restaurant is separated into two dining rooms plus outdoor seasonal seating on a side-walk "patio" facing Main Street. Decor is pleasant but nothing special. Salads are nicely prepared with interesting dressings and ingredients. Shrimp dishes are better choices on the main courses. Some dishes need a bit more spice or bite.

Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I recently took a trip from out of state to visit our family in Michigan. Even before leaving home, while talking on the phone with my mother, she said that we had to try the new Vietnamese restaurant in town. I'm glad we did! It was a refreshing change of pace than any other restaurant in the area. I was very impressed with the fresh ingredients and large portions. My family tried the Vietnamese crepes, chicken vermicelli, beef short ribs and sweet & sour chicken. Everyone loved their choices and there were clean plates all around. However, no matter what you try, you must order an imperial roll with your meal, DELISH! I also recommend trying one of their beers from around the world. The wait staff was incredibly friendly and knowledgable about the food. The owner even came to our table to make sure we were having an enjoyable experience. I will definitely go back when we are in town again.