“Always Good, Reliable, Above Average”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Nick's Country Oven
Ranked #23 of 56 Restaurants in Clawson
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

This is one of those well run family style diners that always has good service, almost always is fairly busy but not too crowded, and always with reliably OK food that is just a bit above average. Plus they have a long list of specials and old fashioned comfort food dishes that sometimes are excellent and sometimes, just oh well. Always a good value.

Reviewed 27 July 2013

I come here when I want comfort food. I've tried the sandwiches, salads, omelets, fish and chips and for the most part I like what I have tried. The spinach cheese pie is great. The service is usually good and the waiters are very friendly.

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Wide variety of choices for lunch, very reasonable prices, great service. A great place for a casual lunch.

Reviewed 27 May 2013

Service was great, good choice on the menu. Specials from the board and large portions as always in the US!

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Living in the area, i have been here 3 times over the last year. Visit one - not happy with over and undercooked foods, dirty table/floor/entry way but figured i would go back another time as every business has a bad day here or there. Visit 2, wilted lettuce in salad, wrong item delivered, long wait for correct dish, and in the meantime i found food debris floating in my water glass - no aplogy by waitress when all of this was pointed out. I was asked how everything was at the cash register and i was honest (and polite) letting them know what had gone on - manager made no attempt to right it and i paid full price and never heard "we're sorry".
I would never have gone back, but my guest really wanted me to try it one more time as he likes the portion sizes (big eater). We went to dinner late - around 7:30pm which is apparently later than the wait staff would like you to come in - waitress was less than pleasant, again table dirty/sticky, food smudged on napkin silverware roll. No low fat salad dressing to choose from, food arrived and no surpise here - order was totally incorrect (my order was simple with no outlandish requests). Waitress was obviously not happy having to correct it, but my order came back as it was originally ordered. Food was okay, but as we ate amd tried to carry on a conversation (now 8pm) we had a waitress running a vacuum cleaner all over in this little dining room while we tried to eat! Im not sure what customer service is like in Kosovo, but here in the US im pretty sure that most people know that you DO NOT DO THINGS LIKE RUN VACUUM CLEANERS NEXT TO YOUR GUESTS TABLES WHILE THEY ARE DINING! Anyhow, of course i hail my waitress who tells me that they were told to by the boss and cannot stop the noisy vacuum. I paid my bill, told my guest "i told you so", and left that place for the last time EVER. There is a good reason that this place ranks below several other area restaurants that i consider dumps to begin with.

1  Thank matt0550