“Great local spot”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Great draft selection and really good pizza. Craft beers abound. I think they have something like 45 draft beers. Lots of michigan beers and at a nice price. The pizza is there specialty and keeps me coming back. I've been going there since I'm a kid and it's a slice of home. Also seems to be lots of good looking staff. So if you like cheap beer good pizza and cites girls your gonna love this place.

1  Thank Llcoolloaf11

Reviewed 4 May 2014

I always order the same dish at this bar/restaurant. Chicken nachos. I really like it. Frankly, I don't see any problem with the food. I tried the salads and some other things. I thought it was pretty good ( rating the food very good instead of excellent because sometimes the food that supposed to be hot is cold). Prices are very reasonable. Place has been remodeled recently. Service was a disappointment on more than one occasion. It is slow. Some waitresses have "don't care attitude". I am not a big drinker. I only drink few times a year and even than very little. And I don't like beer. So I usually just order regular coka cola or water. Drinks are not always refilled promptly. Some waitresses are very unprofessional when it comes to their appearance. I understand that it's a bar type restaurant. But still, it is not appropriate for a bartender to serve drinks while she is almost bare chested. I am still going to go back with some family members. But would be embarrassed to recommend it.

Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

It's your typical bar. Loud, crowded, slow service, bar food. Oh and over priced. Initially I had hopes that this might be above average food, looking at their menu. However I was sadly mistaken. I had a Reuben. It was greasy, only slightly warm, and I asked for extra sauerkraut but either the waitress didn't hear me or didn't bother to tell the kitchen. Could have been the former as it was so incredibly loud in there I could barely hear her when she talked. And she was yelling. Took forever to get her attention. Took forever for any food to come out. Took forever to get the bill. Took forever to pay. We were there for 3 hours, of which at least one hour was spend waiting.

The interior was nice enough for a bar, I know they did just redecorate. A few ceiling tiles were missing, some trim was falling off the wall, the men's room looked like someone had exploded in there.

I guess it all depends on what you are looking for. If you want a place to hang out by yourself and watch a game, go for it. Just don't expect to get out of there when the game is over or talk to anyone, including your waitress.

1  Thank Pentastarm
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We went on a Wednesday night & the special was 1/2 price appetizers. We made that our dinner. The chicken tenders were meaty & tender, the breadzaa was AMAZING (1/2 garlic butter cheese bread & 1/2 one topping pizza) and the BBQ buffalo wings were quite tasty (although there was a little too much sauce). Our bill was $15 (included 3 draft beers) before tip.

The service was great - very attentive and was willing to fill us in on specials and recommendations since it was our first time.

Bonus - free parking! (unlike nearby cities Royal Oak and Birmingham)

Reviewed 21 August 2012

We have been going to Renshaw’s for years, they just remodeled and it is better than ever. Known locally for their pizza, which is one of the best in Metro Detroit. You can choose from thin crust or deep dish. The remainder of the menu is very reasonably priced. They have daily specials; two dishes that we have had are the Sheppard’s Pie, and City Chicken both were very good, they were priced only $6.95 ea. If you go on Wednesday all appetizers are ½ off from 4p to 9p. On Monday’s you can try their Pizza for free, during the halftime of Monday Night Football. The wait staff is knowledgeable, friendly and very helpful. There are plenty of TV’s which carry all the major sporting events. It is nice to know a place where you can go, have a great meal a few drinks and still be under $30.00, enjoy.

1  Thank MMAC1122