“Very nice service, but otherwise do not recommend”
Review of The ConCorde Inn

The ConCorde Inn
“Very nice service, but otherwise do not recommend”
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The woman who helped us check in, and the housekeeping staff were friendly and helpful - - and the reason I'm not giving only one star. The web site says there is wifi in each room, but during my three day stay the wifi was "down" everywhere except the lobby (for my entire stay). I had work to do and it was frustrating not to be able to connect. There is a computer near the registration desk where I hoped to print my boarding pass, but the printer was also "down". In my room there was only one hand towel (same for my colleague's room) and one bar of soap between the sink and shower. The breakfast was less than average. No fruit, and no yogurt. There was sausage on our first day, but not on subsequent days. Rooms are dated. Another plus, is the fridge in each room. Overall poor to average.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Swisscort

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 1 January 2012

When my family first pulled up to this hotel, it looked nice. The lobby looked sophisticated as well. But as soon as we got into our room, things started going downhill. We reserved four rooms, and all of them had problems. The first one had either coffee stains or blood stains on the carpet, as well on the mattress. In the second room, the bathroom sliding divider (or whatever you would call it) just fall off its tracks. In the third room, there were splatters of blood on the ceiling above the shower! It was absolutely grotesque. And in the fourth room, the mattress was as awful as sleeping on a wooden board and the pillows had visible lumps. I understand that it was New Years, but just across the hallway was the stink of pot. Nobody did anything about it. Early the last morning of our stay, my sister woke up to the cleaning lady pounding on the door, despite a "Privacy Please" sign hanging on the door knob. She was wearing a tank top at the time, and as the cleaning lady left, the maid said, "Put a shirt on!" Overall, this hotel looks nice on the outside but is trashy on the inside, and the staff experience is rude.

• Stayed December 2011
9 Thank kyrajdm

Travellers are raving about these Clinton Township hotels

Michigan
Reviewed 2 November 2011

When i made the reservations! I was quoted a price n was told a deposit i was going to make was refundable! So i went ahead n planed my trip with the refund included in my spending money! I called the hotel n even had to change my dates and once again same price quote n told deposit was refundable! I have called three other times including the night before i was going to check in. Then on check in day when i got to the desk, wham i was hit with a brick!!! To quote her " I don't know who told u the deposit was refundable but im sorry its not"! Wow n i wasn't told this why the five times i called prier to my stay??? Needless to say it shortened my finances n i had to have money wired to me so i could finish out my stay on my vacation!!! Sorry but come on what the desk clerk do pocket the money? Hmmmm makes me wonder since she never even gave me a receipt for the room!!!! So when u r told u r making a deposit MAKE SURE U GET IT IN WRITING or u could get burned like i did!!!! My stay was just last month...Oct. 21st and 22nd 2011

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Florence K
Reviewed 25 October 2011

Don't be fooled by the nice lobby. The room is absolutely unacceptable(no mattress pad, paper thin sheets, stained old bed spreads, dried Mac n Cheese on the bed spread, not updated one bit, overly febreezed hallways to cover smoke smell,etc). Thankfully they allowed us to check out immediately at no cost. Head down the street to Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn.

• Stayed October 2011
8 Thank Cayobean
Lake Orion, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 20 October 2011

My son's wedding was in the grandball room. Very nice! We found our room to be safisfactory. The room and bathroom was clean. Our room was spacious and well kept. The only thing I found a little annoying was their check-in process. One person running the front desk slowed things down. Sign of the times, I guess. Otherwise, we were happy with our room and service.

Room Tip: If you smoke you can request a bottom floor court-room. A nice patio to sit with chairs and privacy...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Lynn T
Barrington, Il
Reviewed 12 September 2011

Hard to find as half of sign burned out. 2 of 4 lights over mirror were burned out. Jacuzzi tub had shower...super slick bottom...NO mat. Coffee maker high. When I tried to pour in water, already full so water all over. Reset.....reason was the coffeee maker does not work. The so called "nightclub" vacant at 10:30p.m. Sat when we arrived. Tried to charge us a couple of bucks more on checkout.....no email had been sent to confirm. They did change it when I complained with detailed info. ONLY good thing about this hotel and too late for us to use was the HUGE pool....long enough for laps. NO hot tub. Would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Call direct...paid $79 plus tax, senior rate
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Saslady
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Not one to complain, but this hotel has its issues. Phones in rooms didn't work because of a storm that happened 2 weeks ago. Really no big deal, but no wake up calls and had to use my cell to call the front desk. Thank goodness I have nationwide calling. Jacuzzi tub was nice, but of course it didn't work. Pool was large, but random black stuff fell from the ceiling. That's when I knew it was time to get out. Breakfast was nice...eggs, sausage, yogurt, toast, bagels and fruit. Rooms are large. I had one with the full kitchen as I was staying for 2 weeks. Interent was not exceptable. I don't think you should tell customers you have WIFI when it kicks you off every 10 minutes. Made it quite difficult to get anything done. Very close to Selfridge ANG so the location was nice. Gym is very large for a hotel, I was impressed. Tiki bar was a nice addition, but nothing to "wow" about. I was not impressed with the staff. Their lack of knowledge about the hotel and problem solving skills were lacking to say the least. Minimal work was done to make sure your stay was pleasant and if you had a question it was almost as if you were bothering them. Beds were okay. Sheets seemed a bit old. Bathroom was a descent size, however, the lights seemed to go out a lot. Lost power a couple times at random times (never for long periods.) Plenty of parking. 1st floor ice machine didn't work as well as the coin machine, just some small stuff but when you add all the little things up your stay becomes quite unpleasant.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
#1 of 2 in Clinton Township
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 7 in Sterling Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica

Been to The ConCorde Inn? Share your experiences!