“Less Than Motel 6 Quality Rooms”
Review of The ConCorde Inn

The ConCorde Inn
Berkeley Springs, West Virginia
“Less Than Motel 6 Quality Rooms”
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Nice facilities - outdated crappy room. There were holes in the 80's style comforter, the thin old blanket was rough and scratchy, the bed was uncomfortable, the pillows were so lumpy I had to buy 4 new ones for my stay, the room smelled musty - like a basement, room was dirty and fixtures were broken, the hotel was noisy and filled with drunks, there was no bed skirt so the dirty boxspring was exposed and no fitted sheet so you would touch the actual mattress with no mattress pad or protector. They double booked my room and people showed up to get in at 11:30pm. After waking me slamming on the door, the front desk called and asked what I was doing in the room! They acted like I somehow got a key and snuck into the place and was squatting. I paid in advance for 3 nights and begged for quiet as I have a service animal. The next night four people were banging on my door at 12:30 at night, confused about who was booked in the room again. Breakfast was gross. People were rude. Room was less than Motel 6 quality.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Jeanine44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Reviewed 25 July 2012

...mattress that Wal Mart would have been embarrassed to sell.....ditto as to bed linen/bath linen that felt like it was purchased at a Dollar Store....cheap plastic cups/plates/"silver" at free breakfast of burned sausages...soap so old in bathroom it crumbled to dust when unwrapped...HVAC unit that was louder than a Mack Truck and just about as effective in maintaining a comfortable room temp....but on the bright side, their meeting/event facility looked quite nice. I guess they figure all who attend events there will get so sloshed hat they will not notice the awful room as they stagger to bed.....

Room Tip: Get bombed so you won't notice how awful.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TomRinA2

Travellers are raving about these Clinton Township hotels

Madison Heights, Michigan
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Being from out of town we made a reservation at the hotel because we were attending a wedding being held there. I called to confirm check-in and was told 3pm, when we arrived we were told it would be a slight delay as house keeping was behind. We finally received our room at 10pm after checking every 15 minutes to see when it would be ready. When we did get our room there was no air conditioning, going back to the lobby we were told they were having trouble with the air on that floor and there was nothing they could do. The gentleman at the front desk during check-in was overwhelmed and rude, no management was on site which I can not believe when your having a large wedding and a filled hotel. Numerous attempts to contact management have been meet with this statement I'm not at that property right now let me call you back. Surprise, surprise no return phone calls. My inconvenience at having to get ready in the public restroom next to the banquet hall, not being able to shower and not do my hair deserves at least an apology. Staying there was a complete waste of a $100.00.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank copperman59
Detroit
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I was staying in this hotel because I was standing up in wedding at the hotel. Check in is at 3pm. My room was not ready until 5:30pm. BTY The wedding started at 6pm. I can't begin to explain the hassle this caused. I was not the only one without a room either. The majority of people didn't not get their rooms on time. This hotel is severly understaffed. No water in the fountains. Sinks in the restrooms didn't work. The only working ice machine was behind reception. Beware if you are having a wedding here.....the hotel portion of the Concorde Inn was horrible.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank rzte1106
Reviewed 7 May 2012 via mobile

Beware! This nice warm indoor pool feels great until about three days later. My boyfriend and I paid to use this motel's heathclub and pools facilities which is open to the pubic. All went well til March when we both started noticing a few little red itchy spots on our neck and legs. Not giving much thought to a few little spots which we thought to possibly be small bug bites, we continued swimming every few days only to eventually find ourselves with a full blown red itchy rash and some other symptoms ie. headache, fatigue and low grade fever, which refused to go away on it's own. An eventual trip to the doctor confirmed a diagnosis of folliculitis (infected and inflamed skin folicles) which my doctor said appeared to look like a classic case from being in a poorly treated pool. After 2 wks of unsuccessful topic antibiotic cream (w/ side effects), 2 trips to the doctor, $200 in copays and another 2 wks on oral antibiotics, I finally seem to have kicked it. But the final kicker was after presenting myself and my full blown rash to the manager I was assured they would be happy to refund our remaining two month membership fees even though "no one else complained and it's been a long time since anything like this had happened" and that they would be promptly following up with me with my refund...you guessed it. A big zero for follow up! So in summary, if you want to lose 6 pounds from post-pool distress, misery, itching and sleeplessness this is the place for you!! If not, go somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2012
6 Thank kramerkat
Reviewed 23 February 2012

The woman who helped us check in, and the housekeeping staff were friendly and helpful - - and the reason I'm not giving only one star. The web site says there is wifi in each room, but during my three day stay the wifi was "down" everywhere except the lobby (for my entire stay). I had work to do and it was frustrating not to be able to connect. There is a computer near the registration desk where I hoped to print my boarding pass, but the printer was also "down". In my room there was only one hand towel (same for my colleague's room) and one bar of soap between the sink and shower. The breakfast was less than average. No fruit, and no yogurt. There was sausage on our first day, but not on subsequent days. Rooms are dated. Another plus, is the fridge in each room. Overall poor to average.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Swisscort
Reviewed 1 January 2012

When my family first pulled up to this hotel, it looked nice. The lobby looked sophisticated as well. But as soon as we got into our room, things started going downhill. We reserved four rooms, and all of them had problems. The first one had either coffee stains or blood stains on the carpet, as well on the mattress. In the second room, the bathroom sliding divider (or whatever you would call it) just fall off its tracks. In the third room, there were splatters of blood on the ceiling above the shower! It was absolutely grotesque. And in the fourth room, the mattress was as awful as sleeping on a wooden board and the pillows had visible lumps. I understand that it was New Years, but just across the hallway was the stink of pot. Nobody did anything about it. Early the last morning of our stay, my sister woke up to the cleaning lady pounding on the door, despite a "Privacy Please" sign hanging on the door knob. She was wearing a tank top at the time, and as the cleaning lady left, the maid said, "Put a shirt on!" Overall, this hotel looks nice on the outside but is trashy on the inside, and the staff experience is rude.

• Stayed December 2011
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
#1 of 2 in Clinton Township
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 7 in Sterling Heights
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica

Been to The ConCorde Inn? Share your experiences!