“Got a room so we wouldn't have to drive home..”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of The ConCorde Inn

The ConCorde Inn
Roseville
“Got a room so we wouldn't have to drive home..”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2013

Had our nephew's wedding at the Concord Inn.. the reception was great and the food was good! It was great having to think everything is all under one roof and at one place. As far as the room we booked.. very mediocre. When we checked in at 3 o'clock and walked into our room, I noticed the beds were not made professionally. The bed spread (see pic?) was not tucked neatly under the pillow or folded over. There is no bottom sheet.. they used another 'top' sheet and tucked the edge under the mattress. The thermostat to the room.. there is none. There is only a unit under the window setting for low/high cold & low/high hot or simply.. off. Thankfully it wasn't too hot or too cold outside where it was 'ok' in the room. When it was finally time to go to bed.. we couldn't! The mattress was too hard and the pillows was too lumpy. The TV never worked, somehow we couldn't get it out of the aux setting. I read a review earlier from someone else saying they got charged for smoking in the room. I have to say.. after making (the 4 cup) coffee in the morning (that comes with your room) after it brewed.. it sure smelled like cigarettes (and WE DON'T SMOKE)!! All I could think of was the other couple that got canned. The bathroom.. the light sucked, had a hard time putting makeup on. The toilet paper dispenser.. you're lucky if you can reach at the back wall and pull out what you need.. I finally took it off the dispenser and put it on the counter. The Kleenex.. ha, blow your nose and you leave pieces of shredded tissue all over yourself (pretty cheap stuff). Needless to say we checked out the next morning by 9am and headed home so we can take a well much deserve nap to make up with our uncomfortable sleepless night. I heard from another person that their room wasn't bad.. maybe they're updating it? Didn't see no constructions down the hall so I guess they're taking it very slow. If you can, check out the rooms before and reserve it. Oh, and please note.. there will be a charge for Room/Bed tax (not a sales tax.. that is separate) at 3.500% (charged after the sales tax)!! So plan on paying extra for this!!!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New Haven, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed here a few times and chose it for our wedding night. Great rooms and the price is really good.The people working there are really great! Especially the ones at the front desk. We will deffinitely go back again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Chesterfield, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2013

Feed back from one of our guest at the 80's Party...Jan Rex: I stayed there before and after the 80's party, the check-in was very organized and the staff friendly, the rooms were clean and spacious, the Boone's Farm was excellent (as good as Boone's Farm can get!), the continental breakfast was very good. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting our area or just looking for a night away from home. There was a Jacuzzi in our room and a courtyard patio to have coffee on in the morning. It doesn't get much better than this!!!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Atlanta, GA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2013

I won't be back. In town for a funeral and this "hotel" added to my depression. Where to start? Well when I got in the room at 3am I noticed it was chilly, which is expected for Detroit in March. Searched the walls in the room for a thermostat to adjust the temperature, could not find one - why? Because the room comes with one of those old Super 8 Motel type units that are on the wall under the window. The kind that have either hot or cold temps, you turn it on and it blows until you turn it off. So during the night, I was up and down turning it on and off. The phone by my bed did not work, the tv is one of the ancient 25 inch Zeniths that my grandmother owned - 15 channels and none were Premium - no movies (either free or to rent). The room is noisy - the walls are very thin (could hear conversations on both sides). No dresser for my clothes (only a two drawer table that held the Zenith), the remote did not have a back on it, and the batteries that kept falling out did not even work. I called the manager to complain and got his voicemail Left a message and no return call. Called the front desk for a remote that I never received. The mattress is thin, no extra blankets or pillows in the room. Paper cups for your coffee, a tiny little coffeemaker that sits on top of the tiny fridge. For the rate I paid, I was expecting and have received much more. I am an experienced traveller and very, very disappointed in this hotel. Still waiting for the call from the manager, and the remote. On the up side, the staff that checked me in was very friendly and helpful, the room was clean. The older furnishings were "sturdy" at best and the heater really blew out very hot air - so much so that I was up an down all night turning it on and off. Extremely disappointed in both the hotel and the booking tool that set me up.

Room Tip: Try somewhere else -
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Beverly H

Travellers are raving about these Clinton Township hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I have stayed here a number of times over the past 9 months when in Clinton Township, MI. When business traveling I am looking for a friendly, helpful, attentive staff, which this Inn offers. The front desk staff greets with a smile, and can effectively answer questions. The rooms are large with in room spa - tub, nice, clean, did not use. The fitness area is large and well equipped, would be nice to include clean towels in the early AM and some of the equipment is a bit beat up.

Good nights sleep!

Room Tip: Great for a good nights sleep, friendly staff, and priced well for what you get. Long corridors, i...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank TomWaringjr
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2013

My girlfriend and I arrived at the concorde at around 3 in the afternoon. While checking in at the front desk I noticed a sign referencing an extra 100 dollar deposit on top of the overpriced 129 dollar room. The lady at the front desk said the $100 deposit would be given back to me at the time of checkout as long as we didn't smoke in the room. While I thought this was uncalled for, I didn't worry too much about it because my girlfriend and I are both non smokers. When we arrived into the room we realize that 2 of the lights don't work. My girlfriend then decides to get in the bath only to find the whirlpool does not work either. The button to turn on the jets was missing from the bath. After that we just decided to go to bed. I go to turn the heater on and nothing but cold air came out. Thinking that maybe it took awhile to heat up I laid down. The pillows felt like they were stuffed with rocks so we wound up not even using them. We continued to be woken up during the night by what sounded like someone knocking on our window only to realize it was coming from the heater which was still blowing out cold air. We wound up shutting the heater off and wearing our sweaters and coats to stay warm. We got up early and couldn't wait to jus get the hell out of there. We went to the front desk and checked out. The biggest surprise was yet to come though. The lady at the front desk informed us that before we get our $100 deposit back from the room, the room will have to be inspected to make sure we were not smoking. We waited in the lobby for 45 minutes for the inspection to be done. The front desk recieves the call and tells my girlfriend and I, both nonsmokers that they could smell smoke in the room and that we tried to cover it up with perfume. I was absolutely livid. I demanded my $100 deposit back but got no where. The only thing she said I could do is call the manager tomorrow. There was absolutely nothing I could do they were taking that deposit. So all in all I payed $229 for a room that wasnt worth $50. I have been to many hotels and I can honestly say the concorde inn on gratiot in clinton twnship is by far the worst hotel I have ever stayed.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank mco2e
Shelby Township
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

on 11/03/12 girlfriend and myself check into the hotel into room 309. I situated her in the room and went out to 7-11 to get items. I came back and she was in jacuzzi tub taking bath and stated jacuzzi did not work. I tried turning it on and it didn't. Same with the room heater. It did pump the A/C out though. I would have changed rooms but she was in the tub, we were situated and tired. I noticed when I was trying to get the heat on, it smelled like cigerette smoke by the curtains. Next about midnight came kids beating on the door of 308. They were having a party in that room. Management did react and had them thrown out in about a half an hour time. I wouldn't have stood there and negotiated. A lot of screaming by one punk. I would have had Clinton Twp ., come take over the situation. Morning time. Checkout. Myself and an older lady stood at the desk about 15 minutes waiting for someone to check us out. I finally left my key cards on the desk and walked away. They need to hire more desk clerks. Also the room has peeling wallpaper and the desk light by the heater/AC did not work. Suggest try somewhere else. It is a beautiful hotel with fireplaces, pool, banquet hall. Too bad it's not maintained and managed.

Room Tip: It's a beautiful hotel. Looks are deceiving.Don't be quick to unpack and relax. Check everyt...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 2 in Clinton Township
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Chesterfield
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 6 in Sterling Heights
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica

Been to The ConCorde Inn? Share your experiences!