“This hotel is definitely a gem”
Review of The ConCorde Inn

The ConCorde Inn
Reviewed 16 July 2013

We travelled to the US for my cousins wedding and were booked into this hotel as the reception was taking place there. When we were told the cost we didn't expect too much to be honest but when we arrived I thought we were in the wrong hotel! The reception area was very impressive and the staff were really cheerful and helpful.
We took our bags into the room and all I can say is WOW! We opened the door and were in a sitting area that had a nice natural light in the roof with a large TV (although surprisingly it was not a flat screen). This are led into a corridor which had a small kitchen area with fridge and coffee machine. There was also ample hanging space and full length mirrors. The bedroom area was large and bright with a huge bed and another TV (again not flat screen). There were sliding doors in the bedroom which when opened revealed a jacuzzi in the bathroom. I can't comment on the jacuzzi as we didn't use it at all.
Once we had dropped off our bags and freshened up we went downstairs to the reception. The happy couple hadn't arrived so we went exploring and found a fabulous Tiki bar around the back by the pool! There was a BBQ and the drinks were really cheap! A great little find
Breakfast the following morning was a little disappointing and I think the area it was served in let the hotel down a little in the decoration stakes. It was more like a cheap cafe than an hotel.
If you are thinking of holding a function there then the food we had was outstanding and the function room was superb. I can't comment on the pool as I didn't use it but from what I could see it was a decent size and there were people using it.
I sometimes think people only use these website to vent their frustrations if they have not been happy with their stay but I believe in praising good service as well as moaning about bad and everyone's perception of good hotels is different. All I can do is give an honest opinion on my stay and if I was in this area for any reason would make this hotel top of my list.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WBAKate

Reviewed 13 July 2013

My company booked a room for me at this dirt pit back in mid May. First of all I must admit this place looks nice when u first walk in, but once you find your way back to the rooms you will want to run right back out the front door! Went to take a bath in my Jacuzzi tub and when I turned it on BLACK MOLD CAME FLYING OUT THE JETS!! I immediately jumped out and drained the water. Took a look at the jets and there must of been a inch deep of BLACK MOLDY GRIME all around the Jets! Called to the front desk and they offered to switch my room. So then I had to pack everything up and move to the 3rd floor which was a very outdated room with ugly old bedding completely different from the first room. There was no mattress pad on the mattress and not even a fitted sheets...The bed was about 30 years old and all stained up with coils sticking out. So I walk into the bathroom look at the Jacuzzi Tub. SAME THING~ BLACK MOLD ALL IN THE JETS OF THE JACUZZI IN THE 2ND ROOM . I don't think housekeeping has ever cleaned these jets once in the entire time they have been here THEY JUST CLEAN THE TUB AND NEVER CLEAN OUT THE HOLES WHERE THE JETS ARE. Never seen a tub look so bad in a Hotel in my entire life!! I travel for a living trust me, this was so nasty!! So I decided to just take a shower needless to say!

Woke up went to go work out at their Gym waited 30 minutes for someone at the front desk to greet me and give me towels. She arrived and said, "Sorry we don't have any clean towels today" ...ummmm what? No towels in a hotel? That's the first time I ever heard of a Hotel without towels for the ENTIRE DAY?

So here is where it gets really bad! I head to the breakfast area where I encounter the most unfriendly women, who when I asked her if she had anymore eggs left she said "breakfast was almost over at she wasn't making more!!!!" So then I decided to make a waffle with strawberry topping. As I'm waiting for my waffle to cook I see three little girls with backpacks on walk up to the lady and start asking for school money. These 3 girls proceeded to LITERALLY FINGER ALL THE FOOD SITTING OUT! I like kids don't get me wrong but how unsanitary playing with the bagels and English muffins all the while the Mother sat there and watched them like it was completely acceptable to finger every piece of food set out for the hotel guests! It seemed as if she brought her kids to work with her or maybe they all lived there who knows but it was so nasty! Just as I was getting ready to prepare my waffle the Mother/kitchen employee swiped up the last of the strawberry topping as I was standing right in front of it with my waffle! I couldn't believe it! I thought for sure that she must be refilling it for me right? NOPE! She came back with the strawberry topping in 3 little cups and spoons for her 3 daughters to eat! I left and will never return! I am so surprised the HEALTH DEPARTMENT AS NOT BEEN OUT TO SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN YET!

Last week my boss was planning to set up their employees at the CONCORDE INN again!!! Thank God I was able talking my boss into booking elsewhere! I will never ever stay there again. I did ask to speak with management by the way, and there was not one at the time to speak with me. I was apologized to by the girl at the front desk when checking out and she promised me she would have a manager call me first thing the following morning. Two months later still have not heard back from management and have finally given up. Now that I have read some of their other reviews its very clear that management at the Concorde Inn doesn't care anyway!

Room Tip: Good luck finding a room with a Jacuzzi Tub that doesn't have a inch of black mold and grime stu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sharon l
Reviewed 8 July 2013

First off we were put on the top floor with no a/c. But the rest of the floors were almost empty!?! Their website says they have a hot tub. They Do NOT have one. They have a dirty indoor pool. No towels to use. There was no shampoo in my room. I asked at the front desk & they said they were out but I could BuY a bottle from their store. Are you kidding me I paid over $100 for my room & have to buy a bottle of shampoo to use ! My room was dirty. Outdated with nasty decor & a dirty bath tub.this place is a joke. Don't waste ur time or money here go else where.

Room Tip: Don't stay here, go somewhere on m59/ hall road around the corner!!!!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jaxelle H
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Booked a stay here for a week, trying to get towels was a joke requested from maid never came finally about nine oclock at night requested from frt desk was told I could only have 2 towels since there was only two people in room. Next day the same thing this has been going on the whole stay. Went to pool and was told we were supposed to use towels out of the room what a joke could not even get a towel to dry off with from shower. Was planning a longer stay next year but if I do I guess I better pack towels. Room had a kitchen but they did not supply toaster, kitchen towels and very sparse dishes. Only clean rooms once a week with a weekly rate which I could take if they would supply towels and trash bags,
Beds could be upgraded hard as a rock/ AC would not take humidity from room just made it cold. Night shift at desk were snotty when asked for towels, but day shift people were great at desk

Room Tip: Bring your own towels
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2013

Stayed at concorde april 24th and 25th.2013. Had a great time and a nice room. I have been staying here since 2004 during my travels to Michigan. Like thaat they have a cocktail lounge. Nick was a great host in the Roosevelt lounge. Price for room was great also. Look forward to my next stay in December.

Room Tip: They were having a special ... sunday thru thursday.. 69.00..Always ask for the specials
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Had our nephew's wedding at the Concord Inn.. the reception was great and the food was good! It was great having to think everything is all under one roof and at one place. As far as the room we booked.. very mediocre. When we checked in at 3 o'clock and walked into our room, I noticed the beds were not made professionally. The bed spread (see pic?) was not tucked neatly under the pillow or folded over. There is no bottom sheet.. they used another 'top' sheet and tucked the edge under the mattress. The thermostat to the room.. there is none. There is only a unit under the window setting for low/high cold & low/high hot or simply.. off. Thankfully it wasn't too hot or too cold outside where it was 'ok' in the room. When it was finally time to go to bed.. we couldn't! The mattress was too hard and the pillows was too lumpy. The TV never worked, somehow we couldn't get it out of the aux setting. I read a review earlier from someone else saying they got charged for smoking in the room. I have to say.. after making (the 4 cup) coffee in the morning (that comes with your room) after it brewed.. it sure smelled like cigarettes (and WE DON'T SMOKE)!! All I could think of was the other couple that got canned. The bathroom.. the light sucked, had a hard time putting makeup on. The toilet paper dispenser.. you're lucky if you can reach at the back wall and pull out what you need.. I finally took it off the dispenser and put it on the counter. The Kleenex.. ha, blow your nose and you leave pieces of shredded tissue all over yourself (pretty cheap stuff). Needless to say we checked out the next morning by 9am and headed home so we can take a well much deserve nap to make up with our uncomfortable sleepless night. I heard from another person that their room wasn't bad.. maybe they're updating it? Didn't see no constructions down the hall so I guess they're taking it very slow. If you can, check out the rooms before and reserve it. Oh, and please note.. there will be a charge for Room/Bed tax (not a sales tax.. that is separate) at 3.500% (charged after the sales tax)!! So plan on paying extra for this!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2013

Stayed here a few times and chose it for our wedding night. Great rooms and the price is really good.The people working there are really great! Especially the ones at the front desk. We will deffinitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
Hampton Inn Detroit Roseville
#1 of 2 in Clinton Township
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 7 in Sterling Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica

Been to The ConCorde Inn? Share your experiences!