“You have to try one of their steaks!”

Lucky's Steak House
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Clio
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clio, Michigan
“You have to try one of their steaks!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Start with their one of a kind bread that could be a meal in and of itself! Soups are great, all their steaks are perfect, and the sides are the perfect add on! Reasonable price too! 2 adutls and 2 kids can eat very well for under $30.

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank scott s

Flushing, Michigan
“lunch was better at big boy”
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Over one hour for lunch was not in my schedule, I ordered a spinich salad, hoping to get something quick. My partner ordered a bake patoato, we both had ice tea. It took over an hour to get our lunch. and then to top it off our waitness stopped to eat her lunch before giving us our bill. Needless to say we will NOT be going back for lunch.

• Visited September 2011
“Hands down the best restaurant we have ever eaten at!”
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The service was great! The food was delicious and very reasonably priced! Portion sizes were big. Great value! Great food! Hands down the best restaurant we have ever eaten at! Can't wait to go again! Don't miss out you have to try this place!!

Michigan
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed 7 July 2011

My husband wanted steak for his birthday, and I recommended Outback. He wanted to eat at Lucky's, so we ended up there. Our service was mediocre, and while my husband and son liked their meals, mine wasn't at all good.

When we were seated, we were served bread, and it was so salty, I couldn't eat it. My son usually loves fresh baked bread, and he barely touched it. It was tough and rubbery, too. My husband and son both ordered steak, and I ordered pan seared scallops which were listed as a special. With an entree, there was a choice of soup or salad, and my husband ordered salad, while I ordered French onion soup. My soup was a disappointment. I'm a big fan of French onion soup, and I looked forward to the thick, crusty topping of cheese and croutons. Unfortunately, this soup had hardly any melted cheese on top of it, and hardly anything but broth in it. I ate the cheese, and set the rest of it aside. There was no substance to it at all. The salad that came with my husband's meal was small, and needed more lettuce.

When our meals arrived, I counted my scallops and there were nine of them, and they were small. They were sitting in what was listed on the menu as a lemon butter sauce, but I didn't taste any lemon or butter. It was just bland and added nothing to the scallops, which were not so great, either. I usually enjoy scallops, and I'd been so glad to see them on the menu, but in this case, they were terribly disappointing. They had no flavor. They were accompanied by a sad looking baked potato. Later, the meal sat like a rock in my stomach. My husband and son both ordered steaks. They both thought they were good, and the portion sizes on the steaks were good, especially the size of the my son's steak which was from the kid's menu. They also had steak fries, which were also good.

Our drinks were empty, but our waitress was not in sight for a long time and didn't check to see how we liked our meals until we were almost done eating. I was thirsty for most of the meal, and at the end, as she brought our bill, she asked if I'd like more to drink. At that point, I just wanted to leave. She really neglected us. The atmosphere was loud and there were lots of big groups laughing and making it hard to have a conversation.

I would suggest that if you go to this restaurant, order a steak. As a steakhouse, that is clearly their specialty. I've dined here once before, and that time I had Monterey Chicken, and it was very dry and also disappointing. Next time, if I can't talk my family into going to the Outback, I'll just eat steak. I would much rather drive the extra few miles to go to Outback Steakhouse, though. This place doesn't even compare, and our bill was as high as it would have been at Outback.

• Visited July 2011
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Great Surprise”
Reviewed 16 April 2011

We asked at our hotel for a recommendation for dinner. They recommended Lucky's. It was great! The hostess was not very friendly so we were a little concerned. Once inside, our waitress was good and the food was AWESOME! The bread was great and the drinks were good. Their prices are very reasonable. The restaurant is located right off of I-75 and will definitely be a stop when passing through town!

• Visited April 2011

Been to Lucky's Steak House? Share your experiences!