“Good atmosphere, good enough food, hit or miss service”

Willson's Pub n Grill
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 May 2013 via mobile

Nice casual bar/restaurant. Some of the servers are great. Some are really blah and don't seem happy to be there.

Food is usually good. My expectations aren't sky high for the food so I am always pleasantly surprised.

Reviewed 10 April 2013

Great place for lunch or dinner. Lots of tvs ---so a great place to watch the game! Specials nightly and very good. Sweet potato fries are yummy. Mini sliders are great as well. Salads are fresh tasting. And a good selection of beer.

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Went last night for the first time. They were busy, all decked out for St Patty's day. Food was very good, very reasonable prices. The service last night on a Saturday at 7 PM was great! We will definitely return!

Reviewed 13 March 2013

New to the area and have checked this place out a few times. Good sandwiches, soups, burgers. The restaurant is styled nicely as well. While there are some food items that seem a little too expensive, the options I listed above are all reasonable. However, the service leaves something to be desired. I was brought the wrong side dish (sweet potato fries, which I don't like and would never order) but the waitress took so long to come see how everything was that I just wound up drowning them in ketchup and eating them as my dining partner would have been finished by the time I got the order corrected. My experience with 2 of the hostesses was not good and the one that seated us was more interested in discussing her fake tan with the waitresses than seating customers.
All in all, not bad but has the potential to be really good. We will probably give this place one more shot as the food is decent and it is close to home.

2  Thank zobert1
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We tried the place again last night and it's still a big disappointment. I think it's busy because it is the only casual restaurant in the area. The atmosphere is geat, but the food is not fresh at all and the service is terrible. I would forgive the mediocre food, but the hostess was the only employee who was walking by our table at all and she was downright rude when we tried to get her attention for refills and some ketchup. She wouln't even wait to see what we needed. She just said our waitress would take ccare of us and she kept walking. The point was that our waitress couldn't/wouldn't take care of us. They either overseat/understaff or they hire very unhappy waitresses who are I'll-suited to the restaurant business. Other nights when we've gone for a beer, we've noticed that the bartender would rather discuss her personal life with the men at the bar than serve patrons. I really want to like this place but they aren't letting me.