Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at 14 Mile Road
TownePlace Suites Detroit Commerce(Commerce Township)
US$139
US$146
US$119
US$109
ComfortSuites
Hyatt Place Detroit/Novi(Novi)(Great Value!)
US$130
Hyatt.com
US$123
US$112
Priceline
US$134
US$125
Staybridge.com
All reviewsfront deskhenry ford hospitalgreat hotelfamily eventmovie theaterroom was cleanbreakfast staffconvenient locationfitness centerbusiness tripbreakfast areadesk staffthe entire staffa great stayeasy accesswould definitely stay here againgreat room
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Better then the last visit I had where the construction had the place ripped apart. Asked for a quiet locaton for the room and was put next to some type of high school group. Needless to say it was not quiet and we had to contact management to get them to settle down. You can hear everything going on in the halls and the walls are thin from room to room. Once the kids left it was better so I guess it depends on how considerate your neighbors are how quiet your experience will be. The bathtub was extremely slippery and my husband fell while showering and hurt his hand. Housekeeping put in a mat, but that really is not a permanent solution, those mats can slip and make it even worse. No excuse for this at all, lucky he didn't injure himself much worse. Light switch in the bathroom was very difficult to turn off and on, never in my life have I seen a gadget work like this one does. On the positive side the breakfast was very good with many choices and well stocked. Bed were comfortable and internet access was good. I wish I liked this place better because we have family in the area and it's a convenient location, but they just miss on provided a quiet, comfortable and safe environment.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
DTTNI, General Manager at Hampton Inn - Detroit / Novi at 14 Mile Road, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you so much for your receipt review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel. I sincerely apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay with us. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve. I can assure you that your feedback has been taken into consideration and that we are actively looking at different options to soundproof our property. In addition, I sincerely apologize that your husband slipped in the bathroom. Our main priority is to ensure the safety of our guests and I can assure you that I will definitely take your comments into consideration to improve our hotel.

I thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel and I do hope that if you are ever in town, you consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

Liked the place alot, just wish the remotes on the TV worked. Rplaced it once then gave up. Would stay there again. Had the hot tube room, nice but could have been a bigger tube, good enough for the two of us. Water faucet was a little finecky.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013

When we arrived the staff was wonderful. Our room was clean and bright. We appreciated that. My husband and I went on this trip for our anniversary so I rented us a room with a whirlpool tub. When we went to use the tub the drain did not work. I alerted the front desk and they left a message with maintenance because it was after hours. Basically there was nothing they could do for us as there was no other room available with the whirlpool. They did knock our rate down a bit to the rate without the tub. Then I was going to just take a regular bath in the bathroom, and guess what? That drain didn't work either! Again, there wasn't anything to be done other than give us another discount. There were a lot of tiny things wrong, remote didn't work unless we were on top of the tv. Light bulbs were out in a couple of the lamps. But these were just little things, no big deal. They keep the hotel nice and clean. The rooms themselves were very nice. The staff was very friendly and we enjoyed them. We would stay here again. Just kind of bummed us out and put a damper on our night. We have 3 kids and don't get to go away often. We were really looking forward to the tub.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 February 2013

Love staying at ths hotel! Stay here every year for an area dance competition and I am never disappointed. Very friendly staff, great free breakfast buffet. Rooms are always clean. After a very long day at a dance competition, I picked up pizza to bring back with us to the hotel. I realized I didn't have plates or napkins so I asked at the front desk. Without hesitation, a staff member slipped her way into the closed breakfast area and handed me plates, napkins and plasticware!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2013

The only thing less than desirable was the big screen television. I'm used to HDTV and these pixels were SHOT! Also, a full-sized bath but there was no bath tub, only a shower. Blah blah blah blah blah!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family