“Very nice, especially for the price”

Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Comstock Park
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Nice, new hotel. Rooms were very spacious and nicely arranged and appointed with a 1/2 wall between the bed and sofa areas and a refrigerator and microwave. A little tricky to find, especially in the dark, but well worth it. Room also included breakfast.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Hotelmanagergr, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Your kind words are much appreciated. We are delighted you saw the value and service our hotel has to offer.
Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I booked a stay for a month and only stayed a week because I had 3 cold showers in my first 5 days and could not get the problem resolved to meet my early morning schedule. If I showered after 5:30 pm it was ok, anything before was cold and after 3 complaints I could not get the problem resolved. I spoke to another guest and he had a similar problem, so it appears not to be an isolated problem.

The hotel service agents were very friendly and apologetic, but I would not recommend this hotel based on the continued problem meeting a basic comfort needs.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mwbs1234

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites. I am very sorry about the issues you were having with your hot water. We take these comments very seriously. Our goal at the Comfort Suites is to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay, so I would like to discuss this issue with you further. Please contact me at the hotel (616-785-7899).

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great accommodations. Stayed there for business for 5 nights and was very pleased with the service, friendliness, and cleanliness of this hotel. I would definitely stay there again. Easy access off I-96 and US 131.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites. I'm glad we were able to provide you with all the comforts of home while you were in town for business. Please let us know if we are able to help you with anything else in the future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Nice place to stay for families. It is nestled in a quiet area. The hotel is close to Fifth Third Stadium for semiprofessional baseball team. There is a family fun park within walking distance. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. My husband and I enjoyed our visit and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites North Grand Rapids. It's great to see that you were able to experience the area while you were in town. I'm happy that we were able to provide a memorable stay for you and your family.

We hope to see you again very soon!!

Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed in room 328 on October 21,2013 and the room was infested with fleas. The young man at the desk was very nice and moved me immediately after he came up and killed a flea on the bed himself. He told me I would be taken care of on my bill, which I received 10 dollars off. Not really what I expected after having fleas jumping all over me and moving during the middle of the night,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Michael S
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Michael S,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites. We are very sorry about what you experienced during your stay. We take these reviews very seriously. Based on your comments I contacted our pest solution company to inspect the room. Upon completion of the inspection he could not find any issues with the room. I would appreciate it if you contacted me so I could share the report with you. Our goal at the Comfort Suites is to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay, so I would like to discuss how we can rectify this issue with you.

Comfort Suites North Grand Rapids

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We enjoyed our stay, close to conveniences, right off U.S. 131. The hotel staff are friendly and helpful. The breakfast was good, the bed comfortable, and overall appearance was clean and well maintained. Have stayed here before and will again when visiting family in the area.

Room Tip: The rear of the building faces U.S.131, yet with windows closed it was quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Gina44011,

Thank you for the kind words regarding your stay at the Comfort Suites. It is our goal to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay. I also would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review about our Hotel. I will be sharing these comments with the staff.

Hope to see you soon!

Comfort Suites North Grand Rapids MI

Reviewed 6 October 2013

As a business traveler, the title of this review sums up two of the most important features of any hotel I choose to stay at. This Comfort Suites was excellent on both counts. It is located next to an on-ramp to Rt. 131, but I didn't even realize that until the morning after my first night, when I took that on ramp and saw the side of the hotel I was staying on. The place was also completely booked the night I was there, yet still, but you would have thought you had the place to yourself. Kudos to whoever built this place.
The room (had a King Whirlpool suite) was huge, and very well laid out, with everything where it made sense (less common than one might think). Best of all, it was so clean I would have believed the property was new in the previous few months, if I hadn't known better.
The only reason that I didn't give an "excellent" review was breakfast. Beautiful room, large enough to handle a full house, but the non-carb choices were very lacking. I'll admit, I'm picky, but the comparable hotels I've stayed at in the area blow them out of the water. Just keep the eggs edible - scrambled, plain simple - and have a meat.
Overall, a great stay, and definitely one of my top three picks in the Grand Rapids area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay at the Comfort Suites.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Comstock Park
Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids-North
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Grand Rapids East, MI
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids N/Walker
SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North
Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Downtown
The Grand River Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member

Been to Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North? Share your experiences!