“Easy access to and from expressway”

Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Comstock Park
Wixom, Michigan
“Easy access to and from expressway”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

This location for Comfort Suites is right off the expressway. The rooms are very comfortable and have lots of room. The breakfast is ok, nothing outstanding, but very adequate.
This is our third time at this location and I would come back again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Hotelmanagergr, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to wright a review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suires Grand Rapids North. Your feedback is very important to us. Please let us know if we can help with any future reservations.
Thanks agan. Hope to see you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Katy, Texas
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We didn't realize it was Art Prize week-end and everything would be booked, when we just stopped in to get a room. So, of course they had no rooms.

Meanwhile we ended up chatting a little bit with the wonderful guys at the front desk. I watched them with other guest and they were wonderful with everyone. These 2 guys seemed to love their jobs and love their customers.

Anyway, they told us they thought one of the guest was going to leave early and they would check and let us know. So we left them with our phone numbers. Sure enough, they called us about a 1/2 hour later to let us know they had a room for us. I felt like they went above and beyond. I am sure they could have done less work and just waited for the next folks to walk in, but they didn't. I thought that was great!

Plus they remembered us every time they saw us over the next few days. They remembered what we were up to and asked us about our outings. They gave us excellent suggestions of things to do in the area and thank goodness they told us about Frederik Meijer Gardens!

The rooms were clean, quiet and everything we needed. The only thing that could have made it better would have been a vending machine on the floor. I had to go all the way downstairs...in my jammies to get a bottle of water. :(

We will stay here again when we are in the area simply because of the staff.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the kind words. I will be sharing them with our staff. It is nice to hear that we were able to share our knowledge of the area and contribute to your stay. Please let us know if we can help you in the future.
Thanks again for choosing the Comfort Suites North Grand Rapids!
North Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We are staying in room 129 for 3 weeks. This is an executive suite. We have been staying in hotels for a year for work, this is the best yet. The room is a 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen. The kitchen has a full size refridge, stove with an oven, dishwasher. The appliances are new, the room and hotel are very clean, the bed is very comfortable. The best part of the hotel is the staff, from the front desk to the cleaning staff, they are great!!!! I will return to this hotel whenever I'm in the area.

Room Tip: 129 is a great room, it is a 1 bedroom with a full kitchen and a fireplace.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North. I would also like to thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you and your husband on your recent stay. I am happy we were able to exceed your expectations. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future.
Hope to see you again soon!!!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 12 November 2013 via mobile

Nice, new hotel. Rooms were very spacious and nicely arranged and appointed with a 1/2 wall between the bed and sofa areas and a refrigerator and microwave. A little tricky to find, especially in the dark, but well worth it. Room also included breakfast.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Hotelmanagergr, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. Your kind words are much appreciated. We are delighted you saw the value and service our hotel has to offer.
Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance. Hope to see you again soon.
Indiana
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I booked a stay for a month and only stayed a week because I had 3 cold showers in my first 5 days and could not get the problem resolved to meet my early morning schedule. If I showered after 5:30 pm it was ok, anything before was cold and after 3 complaints I could not get the problem resolved. I spoke to another guest and he had a similar problem, so it appears not to be an isolated problem.

The hotel service agents were very friendly and apologetic, but I would not recommend this hotel based on the continued problem meeting a basic comfort needs.

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank mwbs1234
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites. I am very sorry about the issues you were having with your hot water. We take these comments very seriously. Our goal at the Comfort Suites is to make sure all of our guests have an enjoyable stay, so I would like to discuss this issue with you further. Please contact me at the hotel (616-785-7899).

Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Great accommodations. Stayed there for business for 5 nights and was very pleased with the service, friendliness, and cleanliness of this hotel. I would definitely stay there again. Easy access off I-96 and US 131.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Comfort Suites. I'm glad we were able to provide you with all the comforts of home while you were in town for business. Please let us know if we are able to help you with anything else in the future.

Isle of palms
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Nice place to stay for families. It is nestled in a quiet area. The hotel is close to Fifth Third Stadium for semiprofessional baseball team. There is a family fun park within walking distance. The rooms are very nice and comfortable. My husband and I enjoyed our visit and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for choosing the Comfort Suites North Grand Rapids. It's great to see that you were able to experience the area while you were in town. I'm happy that we were able to provide a memorable stay for you and your family.

We hope to see you again very soon!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Comstock Park
Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids-North
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids N/Walker
Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East
Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Downtown
Amway Grand Plaza, Curio Collection by Hilton

Been to Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North? Share your experiences!