“excellent service, very clean”

Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Comstock Park
Reviewed 9 February 2014

My stay was un-eventful, which is EXACTLY what I wanted and what all hotels should strive for.

I walked the property, all the security lights were on and operable.
My room was clean and the cleaning people were very informative on where in town to eat.
Our room was warm when we arrived, and quiet throughout the night.
The staff at the front desk were exceptional.

Our breakfast (which was included in the cost) was On time, and the food preparation surfaces were clean

I really cant say enough about the staff, they were really friendly and helpful.

I would recommend this hotel to others and will be staying there in the future.

Room Tip: 1st second floor rooms south side.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Dear John

Thank you for your business and your online review. I am very happy to hear about your positive experience at our hotel. Thank you also for the kind words about our team members and breakfast. We strive to be the best value in Grand Rapids and know how important a clean hotel and friendly staff is to someone from out of town.

We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Grand Rapids

Sincerely
Duane Zuber
Comfort Suites General Manager

Reviewed 14 January 2014

This hotel was very nice. I can't say enough about the front desk staff. They made accommodations for our dancers to use the theater room and moved all the couches so they could practice before their competition. I used the hot tub and exercise room which was more than enjoyable. I watched a movie in the theater all by myself one night and it was like a private showing just for me. I've never seen a theater in a hotel before and I have been travelling for 20 years. I want to stay at this hotel again and I am making plans to do so during this year for Art Prize. I can't wait. This is a nice little town in Comstock Park, Michigan.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Hotelmanagergr, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review. I am glad we were able to accommodate your dance group. Please let us know if we can help out with any future bookings. Thanks again for choosing us and see you during Art Prize!!

Reviewed 12 January 2014

I have stayed here many times over the last three years. Last year, I noticed the place looked to be in a decline and looking worn. And the front office staff was positively surly.

I just returned from another stay and can report improvement across the board. The room was cleaner, the staff actually was friendly and there were no problems at all. I recommend this as a place to lay your head north of Grand Rapids. My only quibble is that the hall carpet on the second floor looked dirty and the elevator remains slow as molasses in January, neither a big deal.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for the kind words. I am glad you had such a positive experience with us. I will make sure that the entire staff gets a chance to read this.

Thanks again for Choosing the Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North!

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I will be staying here again. My room was clean and updated. The location was convenient, right off the highway. The service was friendly and attentive. This had the feel and quality of a much more expensive hotel. It is a real bargain.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Hotelmanagergr, Manager at Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at our Comfort Suites in Grand Rapids. We really appreciate your business and your online review. We are thrilled that you had a great stay. Our team members take pride on providing the best service in town and we will pass along your kind words. We look forward to seeing you the next time your travels bring you to Grand Rapids.
Comfort Suites Team

Reviewed 13 December 2013

This location for Comfort Suites is right off the expressway. The rooms are very comfortable and have lots of room. The breakfast is ok, nothing outstanding, but very adequate.
This is our third time at this location and I would come back again.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Hotelmanagergr, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to wright a review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suires Grand Rapids North. Your feedback is very important to us. Please let us know if we can help with any future reservations.
Thanks agan. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We didn't realize it was Art Prize week-end and everything would be booked, when we just stopped in to get a room. So, of course they had no rooms.

Meanwhile we ended up chatting a little bit with the wonderful guys at the front desk. I watched them with other guest and they were wonderful with everyone. These 2 guys seemed to love their jobs and love their customers.

Anyway, they told us they thought one of the guest was going to leave early and they would check and let us know. So we left them with our phone numbers. Sure enough, they called us about a 1/2 hour later to let us know they had a room for us. I felt like they went above and beyond. I am sure they could have done less work and just waited for the next folks to walk in, but they didn't. I thought that was great!

Plus they remembered us every time they saw us over the next few days. They remembered what we were up to and asked us about our outings. They gave us excellent suggestions of things to do in the area and thank goodness they told us about Frederik Meijer Gardens!

The rooms were clean, quiet and everything we needed. The only thing that could have made it better would have been a vending machine on the floor. I had to go all the way downstairs...in my jammies to get a bottle of water. :(

We will stay here again when we are in the area simply because of the staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the kind words. I will be sharing them with our staff. It is nice to hear that we were able to share our knowledge of the area and contribute to your stay. Please let us know if we can help you in the future.
Thanks again for choosing the Comfort Suites North Grand Rapids!

Reviewed 3 December 2013

We are staying in room 129 for 3 weeks. This is an executive suite. We have been staying in hotels for a year for work, this is the best yet. The room is a 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen. The kitchen has a full size refridge, stove with an oven, dishwasher. The appliances are new, the room and hotel are very clean, the bed is very comfortable. The best part of the hotel is the staff, from the front desk to the cleaning staff, they are great!!!! I will return to this hotel whenever I'm in the area.

Room Tip: 129 is a great room, it is a 1 bedroom with a full kitchen and a fireplace.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North. I would also like to thank you for your kind words. It was a pleasure meeting you and your husband on your recent stay. I am happy we were able to exceed your expectations. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future.
Hope to see you again soon!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Comstock Park
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids N/Walker
The Grand River Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids-North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East
Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Rapids Downtown
SpringHill Suites Grand Rapids North

Been to Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North? Share your experiences!