“This review is for the restaurant”

Swan Inn Motel & Restaurant
Swan Inn Motel & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Comstock Park
Belmont, Michigan, United States
“This review is for the restaurant”
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We eat at Swan Inn at least a couple of times a month. Excellent breakfast, good perch sandwich, and a wide variety of choices. I happen to like the liver and onions dinner which I know is not for everyone but it's good home cooking. I love the pecan waffle and they will modify your food to your liking. Friendly staff, too.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Eastern NC
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I was scared going there after reviewing other places. My first impression on entering the room was that it was CLEAN!!! It smelled clean. The carpet was clean. The bathroom was clean. The bed was clean and felt very new and firm. The outside was clean and well kept. It was an older hotel, but that made it charming. The pillow as small though. As I remember there was not much in the bathroom with regards to shampoo. I would stay there again and advise others to also. This is my first review, that is how much I was impressed by it. I have stayed in Las Vegas and many other hotels at 2-3x's as much that were not as nice as this. It reminded me of a 4star hotel I stayed in once, other than the bathroom shampoo, (as I remember it was).

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Bruce M
Traverse City, Michigan
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This hotel is a little bit dated in its decor but is meticulously maintained. Extremely neat and clean. Very clean pool. Huge room, We had 1 queen bed, good size table with 2 chairs and there was a ton of space for all of suitcases, bags, cooler, etc. Shower had fantastic water pressure which is rare these days.

There is a restaurant attached run by the same owner. Very good breakfast. Large selection, portions ans very reasonable prices. At the back of the restaurant, facing the parking lot and back building is a small ice cream shop. Again great value! Lots of hard packed choices ans 24 soft serve flavors. Low prices.

We really enjoyed our stay. We didn't want to spend $150+ a night as we were traveling for 5 days and really trying to keep the costs down.

If you don't mind a non chain hotel I would highly recommend the Swan Inn Motel.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Zeeland, Michigan
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This is a wonderful little mom & pop motel with a restaurant on the property & also an ice cream shop. They also have an outdoor pool (seasonal). It is only 10 minutes to downtown Grand Rapids and so much cheaper than the chain motels!!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Cinnilouwho
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 December 2009

The Swan Inn Motel is a hotel near where my Mom and I used to live. They're a small, independent motel with a connected restaurant and (seasonal) ice cream parlor. We've stayed there in the past and I think it's our favorite local hotel. The rooms are clean and the beds are comfortable, though the decor is a little out-dated. They have a great selection of TV channels and I believe they have wi-fi, though I didn't realize that until after I left the area.

The connected restaurant has great food and excellent service. For the price, the rooms in the Swan Inn are actually larger than many hotels I've stayed at. Their non-smoking rooms are actually non-smoking, rather than some of the "just pretend" non-smoking rooms I've stayed in.

My only complaint was whenever I tried to shower. I would hear an ominous "flush" noise and would have to jump out before the water got too hot! (or freezing, as the pipes recovered)

• Stayed December 2009
1 Thank firefall_varuna
champaign, illinois
Reviewed 22 July 2007

Great place to stay. An independent inn that was super clean, comfortable, and very quiet. The beds were spotless and more comfortable that the ones in the Hiton and Marriott we stayed in earlier. There is a restaurant on the property with very good food. We didn't use the pool but even though it was small, it was heated and very clean and well maintained. The only recommendatiion we would make it to check out the road construction in the Grand Rapids area - we had a very difficult time getting there. This place proves that sometimes it pays to check out the independent motels - they are often better than the chains and the cost was very affordable.

• Stayed July 2007
The Grand River Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North
Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids-North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East

Been to Swan Inn Motel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!