“Scrapbooking”

Swan Inn Motel & Restaurant
Swan Inn Motel & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Comstock Park
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My BFF & I stayed here for convience and price...we were both pleasantly surprised, the setting was very nice, the room was very clean and comfortable...the room smelled clean, no smoking smell issues thankfully, no blow dryer or shampoo of which I forgot both...lol Not their fault, but both I believe they should have in the rooms...decor older, but well kept and clean, I slept like a rock, I don't remember waking up all night which is the norm for me... Outside the entrance was also clean and web free. Would stay there again...

Room Tip: Prefer the setting of the rooms in h back bldg...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Overall, the place is quite good.

Restaurant:
I enjoyed the big ol' Alpine burger. I definitely recommend it to burger fans. The ranch chips and onion rings were also quite good.

Motel:
The best part is that the motel appears to be very clean and well maintained. Cleanliness should be a "given" at any hotel, but unfortunately, it's not. "Clean freaks" can be assured that they will get clean rooms here. The furnishings and fixtures are a bit dated, but in very good condition. My only issue was that the "non-smoking" room smelled as though it was a "smoking" room. Being a non-smoker, I thought that maybe I was just being overly sensitive to it, but my travel buddy (who smokes) agreed with me. I considered asking for a different room but had the apparent false impression from the website that I used to book, that the motel was nearly full.
Given the overall impression of the place, I'm sure they would have happily accommodated me.
I thought the price was just a tad high, as there was no microwave, refrigerator, coffee (available at the office) or iron in the room, but if you just want a good, clean, basic room, with a good, on-site restaurant, this place will certainly satisfy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Great place to stay and eat!! we arrived late the room was clean and fresh, pool awesome, it was nice to have the restaurant and motel in one!! the food is excellent. nice and quite slept well. the only - was the pillows need to be updated,

Room Tip: bring your own pillows
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Lori W
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We eat at Swan Inn at least a couple of times a month. Excellent breakfast, good perch sandwich, and a wide variety of choices. I happen to like the liver and onions dinner which I know is not for everyone but it's good home cooking. I love the pecan waffle and they will modify your food to your liking. Friendly staff, too.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed 28 July 2012

I was scared going there after reviewing other places. My first impression on entering the room was that it was CLEAN!!! It smelled clean. The carpet was clean. The bathroom was clean. The bed was clean and felt very new and firm. The outside was clean and well kept. It was an older hotel, but that made it charming. The pillow as small though. As I remember there was not much in the bathroom with regards to shampoo. I would stay there again and advise others to also. This is my first review, that is how much I was impressed by it. I have stayed in Las Vegas and many other hotels at 2-3x's as much that were not as nice as this. It reminded me of a 4star hotel I stayed in once, other than the bathroom shampoo, (as I remember it was).

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Bruce M
Reviewed 3 July 2012

This hotel is a little bit dated in its decor but is meticulously maintained. Extremely neat and clean. Very clean pool. Huge room, We had 1 queen bed, good size table with 2 chairs and there was a ton of space for all of suitcases, bags, cooler, etc. Shower had fantastic water pressure which is rare these days.

There is a restaurant attached run by the same owner. Very good breakfast. Large selection, portions ans very reasonable prices. At the back of the restaurant, facing the parking lot and back building is a small ice cream shop. Again great value! Lots of hard packed choices ans 24 soft serve flavors. Low prices.

We really enjoyed our stay. We didn't want to spend $150+ a night as we were traveling for 5 days and really trying to keep the costs down.

If you don't mind a non chain hotel I would highly recommend the Swan Inn Motel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This is a wonderful little mom & pop motel with a restaurant on the property & also an ice cream shop. They also have an outdoor pool (seasonal). It is only 10 minutes to downtown Grand Rapids and so much cheaper than the chain motels!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
The Grand River Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids N/Walker
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East

Been to Swan Inn Motel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!