“A Must Stay”

Swan Inn Motel & Restaurant
Swan Inn Motel & Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Comstock Park
Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Wow! Old school property that is VERY well maintained. I have never stayed in a cleaner room. I say "Old School" because it is an older property but dont let that stop you from giving this place a try. Room was very comfortable, great mattress, crisp clean linen. Bathroom had a shower stall, old fashioned hand bowl and a window like those of years gone by. This place was clean and quiet. Older but nice TV on a wall mounted stand with a good variety of channels. No coffee pot, fridge, or hair dryer. Restaurant right in front must be where the local seniors eat. Great food and service. If staying in this part of greater Grand Rapids give this place a try, you wont be disappointed if cleanliness without all the frills is most important to you. Large parking area would easily fit a camper or RV.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Driverjoe
There are newer reviews for Swan Inn Motel & Restaurant

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Probably 50's-60's style motel, with outdoor entrances to the rooms.
Very clean and well kept property. The rooms are at least comparable to a modern facility in size and furnishings. "Everything works"...the lights, thermostat, WIFI, TV, remote control and especially the plumbing. It's not fancy, but it's functional! If you have a diesel vehicle, there are places to plug-in, in the back parking lot, on these super cold weeks in the winter.
Also a plus is the Restaurant as part of the property. If would stay there again and recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Michiganuncledoug
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I started staying here a couple years ago after I got stiffed out of a room at another hotel (See Shady Lawn Motel reviews). I come into town about once a month on business and need a clean, inexpensive room for the night. This place fits the bill perfectly!! I am so glad that I found a good place to stay in this area.
Cant really say a bad thing about it.
Haven't eaten there yet but I do here that the attached restaurant has good food.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank DDUB_10
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Basic Mom & Pop motel, a bit worn and dated, but clean and affordable, everything in good repair. Not many of these left. Save about $7 per night by calling the motel for a reservation versus online reservation. No shampoo, hair dryer, or mini-frig, but ice was available at the office. My wife and I will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank travel963
Reviewed 3 August 2013

we called around and found most hotels this time of year were full. when we got this one and it was only $65 a night we were fearfull. but it was clean , comfortable, quiet and a great relief to fall into bed. Half the price but we have no complaints! Free wireless, TV, coffee.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Brigid K
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My friend Jacki left you a review earlier and I fully agree 100 percent with everything she said. Clean, smells fresh and would absolutely stay there again. I am always skeptical about outside entrances to hotel rooms. I am horrified of spiders. The first thing I noticed was how web free the outside of the building was. I know this takes frequent cleaning for it to be this clean. I was very impressed! I will spread the word and send more business your way! I did not rate the review for the fitness center. I did not know there was one.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 June 2013

My BFF & I stayed here for convience and price...we were both pleasantly surprised, the setting was very nice, the room was very clean and comfortable...the room smelled clean, no smoking smell issues thankfully, no blow dryer or shampoo of which I forgot both...lol Not their fault, but both I believe they should have in the rooms...decor older, but well kept and clean, I slept like a rock, I don't remember waking up all night which is the norm for me... Outside the entrance was also clean and web free. Would stay there again...

Room Tip: Prefer the setting of the rooms in h back bldg...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Comstock Park
Comfort Suites Grand Rapids North
Holiday Inn Express Grand Rapids-North
The Grand River Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids N/Walker
Hampton Inn Grand Rapids-North
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Grand Rapids East

Been to Swan Inn Motel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!