“hard to find reservations”

Rodeway Inn Coopersville
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coopersville
indiana
“hard to find reservations”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

Hotel was average. Over-priced-$108 for one double bed. Room small. The bed was comfortable and the hotel was quiet and actually better than what had thought it might be. (first time staying at rodeway inn).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Lansing, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

For the $100 we paid for the night, this hotel was not worth the value.
Easy access off the highway. To get onto the highway headed west, it is a few miles out of town. Slightly inconvenient as there were no signs stating where the highway on ramp was located until u get to a round about further into town.
The hotel is very esthetically pleasing from the outside. Inside the rooms are very outdated. The beds are hard as a rock. Our tv was extremely fuzzy which led us to believe the hotel was using boot-legged cable. The culprit was a faulty cord. We mentioned this to the front desk and they said they would check into it and never seemed to. My husband fixed the wiring himself. The pool was kept very warm (which I loved) However, it was filthy. Scum located all around the rim of both the pool and hot tub. So thick people had scraped their names or clean me. The hot tub wasn't any warmer than the pool and once the jets shut off I noticed multiple bugs floated to the top.
Breakfast was typical and I have learned to bring my own food as a result. Which is sad since I am paying to be able to enjoy continental breakfast. Contrary to belief, some people eat healthy and enjoy doing so and prefer not to eat sugary, carb loaded bagels, doughnuts, cereal or waffles.
The above being stated. I'm sure my family and I will not be staying here again

• Stayed August 2014
Northwest Indiana
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this location last year and things were fine. This past weekend was not. I had two rooms for one night for a total of $252.70. Upon arrival the front desk attendant was not at all friendly or welcoming. The room was okay but there was no refrigerator in the room (there was one in our room last year). My husband is on a medication that needs to be refrigerated so that created a problem. I went to get ice to make an icepack for it and the ice machine did not work. I went to the front desk to see if they have another machine.. They did not. The attendant had me stand there and wait for her to finish mopping the floor before she went to check the machine. I told her our situation and she said she was going to call her manager and let me know. She called our room to say the manager said sorry, there are no rooms left with refrigerators and they would not bring in any bagged ice. I asked for the managers name that she spoke to but she said they are not allowed to give out the managers name... Are you kidding? I explained that we were on a motorcycle and it is not easy to carry a bag of ice on a motorcycle but they did not care. I would have checked out if there was another hotel with availability but there was not. We will not return due to the poor customer service.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank musgroves

Travellers are raving about these Coopersville hotels

Lansing, Michigan
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

After paying 140.00 I expected a decent atmosphere. Walking into the room I immediately saw double beds and was a little disappointed. The chair for the desk was filthy, had stains all over it. I pulled the sheets back to check for any bugs after reading reviews but the sheets were ok. The next day when I got home, over 30 bites appeared on my arms and side. When we called a woman just kept saying no, no. It seems as if my call was totally disregarded. Never will I go back there. I had to wear long sleeves when I went back to work because I work at a dental office and these bites look hideous.#feeling miserable

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank st48910
Holt, Michigan
Reviewed 9 September 2013

When we arrived and opened our doors, we were greeted with the awful smell of the landfill located VERY nearby. The front desk clerk could barely speak english. As we entered the outside door to go to our room, we noticed a bunch of broken chairs and old TV's piled up under the stairway. As we entered our hallway the window at the end of the hallway was open so the smell from the dump permeated in. There was also a huge hole cut in the screen of the window (how nice to let all the bugs inside). In our room, the lounge chair had what appeared to be brownie crumbs all over it. The toilet paper had not been filled (none left on the roll). The TV amoire appeared not to have been dusted in a very long time and our fridgerator smelled of mold. AND to top it off, the hotel lost power for 4 hours in the middle of the night. I checked for bed bugs after reading previous reviews. I did not eat at the continental breakfast bar due to unclean areas.
So save your money, pay $20 more and stay in a nice place that gets cleaned on a regular basis.
DISGUSTING HOTEL!!

Room Tip: "Do Not Stay Here!"
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Ackley72
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip where I would be traveling around the area. Usually I stay in slightly nicer places but thought I'd give it a try. The room wasn't awful but wasn't super clean either. The breakfast area was pretty messy. When I tried to check out the manager appeared to be sleeping in the office.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Teerexify
Dearborn, Michigan
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We brought home BED BUGS from this hotel!!! It took weeks for us to get rid of them in our own home! Also, I wasn't pleased with the bathroom. There was hair in the tub. (not ours) I also found public hair on the "clean" towels. I'm sure they were washed, but the pubic hair was embedded in the towel. Kinda hard to miss a black, coarse pubic hair in a white towel. Gross. The rest of the hotel wasn't filthy, but it sure wasn't as clean as it should have been. The BED BUGS will keep me from ever coming here again, though. I still have scars from the bites!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coopersville
Rodeway Inn
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Rapids N/Walker
Quality Inn Hudsonville
Quality Inn Hudsonville
#1 of 2 in Hudsonville

Been to Rodeway Inn Coopersville? Share your experiences!