“Thankful for this nice place in a storm!”

The Brockway Inn - Motel & Coffeehouse
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Copper Harbor
The Brockway Inn - Motel & Coffeehouse
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Copper Harbor
South Bend, Indiana
“Thankful for this nice place in a storm!”
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

Clean, neat motel was a welcome sight in a snowstorm. Kind owner welcomed us and our dogs, was a wealth of info on Copper Harbor. Glad we found this place. Safe haven in a winter storm. Great place to stay!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Karen K, Owner at The Brockway Inn - Motel & Coffeehouse, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Thank you for expressing your appreciation, that's really nice. We don't have many visitors in November, especially during snowstorms! Glad we could be of service.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I found this place online while researching and planning my trip to Isle Royale. When I called to make my reservation they were very pleasant and took care of business. Sometimes I had calling to make reservations because you get an agent who wastes your time with platitudes and upgrade offers. I was very happy that this wasn't the case.

When I arrived I didn't realize that the office is located across the parking area in the private residence. It's got a good sign, I just didn't see it. Again, they were very pleasant and efficient. I told them I would be long gone in the morning on the Ferry to the island and he told me to just leave the key in the room.

The place is dated, but that's part of it's charm. I'm glad it was just me because I think that bed would be too small. The room was clean and had enough space to move around in. The bathroom was fine and had a big bathtub which may have been a jacuzzi tub, but I didn't look that hard. There were very nice towels - better than what you'll find in other places. And the tv worked great. They had free wireless which didn't need a series of logins and redirections.

I told the owner I had a little extra time he suggested I drive down along the lake because it was scenic. I took his advice and was very delighted. The sunset picture is from that drive. When the Ferry was delayed and I had more time to kill, he again suggested I visit Estivant Pines. He gave me amazingly accurate directions and I found it and enjoyed it (the other picture).

The owners treated me with the perfect mix of being a guest in their home and leaving me to my own business. When I make it back to Copper Harbor this place will be my first choice.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Rick W
Thank you for your upfront assessment of our motel (and us). Our place is dated and small, but we aim big to give visitors a nice, clean place to stay where they can be comfortable and feel at home when they visit Copper Harbor (and of course great coffee). We do love this place and truly enjoy sharing its natural beauty and wonders with our guests.
Romeo, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Given the very remote location of this Inn and the price per night in peak Summer months the Brockway Inn is overall very pleasant. The owner are EXTREMELY pleasant and the coffee is great. There were nice big towels and a spotless room on arrival. The decor is extremely dated and the rooms are very small with only a double bed. As I said, the price is excellent and the nice hot shower is a plus. The hotel is very close to Copper Harbor and is nice and quiet with a beautiful setting. If you're not expecting the Hilton then you should be okay staying here.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Theresa E
Thank you for the straight evaluation of our motel. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. I wish more people did not expect the Hilton! Copper Harbor is at the end of the road, in the woods and somewhat remote, that’s its best asset - not city. Our motel/coffeehouse is owner operated and we strive to give visitors a nice, reasonably priced place to rest and some really good coffee. We do appreciate hearing nice back.
Wayne, IL
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Our recent stay at the Brockway Inn was my second, my partner's third. The couple who own it are great - very nice. It is clean, small, basic, but well worth the money. Plenty of hot water, a decent tv (with Showtime! We could watch Dexter!) and a free cup of coffee in the a.m. They provide a fridge in the hallway and a microwave. The full size bed was comfortable. They allow pets. It is not fancy but it is better than many of the other places in the area. You are right next to the Berry Patch for ice cream.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank annmarz
Thank you for sharing your good experience and honest appraisal. It's always nice to hear when guests have had an enjoyable stay and will be returning. We look forwarding to seeing you again someday.
Reviewed 8 October 2012 via mobile

Typical for Copper Harbor, this tiny place (6 rooms) is operated by a nice couple, but it is rather run down, so it felt more like a hunt camp than a motel room. Although shabby, it was clean, but don't expect things like shampoo or hair dryer, or Kleenex. For some reason each room has a giant 2-person jetted tub, which was a challenge to navigate for a shower. The guest fridge was an old 1970's refrigerator in the hall where we all were to keep our coolers and contents. Since it is so small, we had to pay for our stay when we arrived, so we ended up paying for one night we didn't use when we had to leave early due to bad weather coming in.

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank victoria s
Karen K, Owner at The Brockway Inn - Motel & Coffeehouse, responded to this review, 17 February 2013
Thank you for recognizing the nice hosts and the clean rooms. Our motel is an older building and we may have outdated furniture, but the condition is good. Nothing is broken or falling down and I must object to the word “shabby”. I don’t believe that is a fair representation of our establishment. A word such as this can be taken quite differently depending on each reader. Using factual terms rather than ones that allow individual perception would provide a sounder evaluation of the experience.
-We have found that most folks are particular about their bath products and prefer their own so, in our attempts to keep costs down, we provide only soap.
-Only two rooms have the big tubs, not all of them. I apologize that you had difficulty with the tub.
-I’m still not sure why the year the fridge was made has any consequence, it works fine and most folks enjoy having a place for their goodies.
~Karen
Olivet
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We didnt stay at the Inn, but were looking for a good cup of coffee and we found it! Get your coffee here then go down lakeside drive until you find the monks bakery, what a great pairing. One of their muffins and a cup of Brockways coffee!! You can sit outdoors on a picnic table in the middle of a berry patch. Great way to start the day!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank OlivetBonvoyage
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We stayed at the Brockway Inn this past weekend while on a snowmobile trip to Copper Harbor, MI. This motel was comfortable, warm, and service oriented. The owners were neat people, and offered a great value.

I agree with the previous reviewer in the statement that this is no Hilton. The rooms are dated, and bathrooms are 60s, but we slept well in comfortable, clean beds, and the hot water worked fine. The owners are great: We called in for a room and were treated well, and our room was ready for us (warm and clean) on a cold winter evening, we had an issue with our one of our sled batteries and the owner helped us out with a charger, and they had hot coffee in the morning.

I wish there were more places like this!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank Highpoints

Been to The Brockway Inn - Motel & Coffeehouse? Share your experiences!