“oh my!!”

Legs Inn
Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: American, Polish, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Romantic, View, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: ***LEGS INN WILL CLOSE AT 4PM ON WED JULY 4TH*** Located in historic Cross Village, Legs Inn is a "monument to nature." Built on a high bluff overlooking Lake Michigan, it is unique and mysterious as seen in its architecture and decor. The fantasy-like atmosphere of this medieval looking stone, timber and driftwood landmark was created by one man, Polish immigrant, Stanley Smolak. He fell in love with Northern Michigan and its people, many of them Ottawa and Chippewa Indians and decided to settle in Cross Village in 1921.The entry foyer, tavern, game and dining rooms are all filled with an intriguing collection of nature and hand carved furniture -- whimsical creations made of tree stumps, twisted limbs and roots, driftwood sculptures and massive fieldstone fireplaces.Authentic Polish cuisine is our specialty. Throughout the decades, Legs Inn has become a famous dining destination, acknowledged by the press and guests from around the world. We look forward to your visit.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were advised to stop here taking the scenic route from Sleeping Bear Dunes up to Mackinac Bridge. What a beautiful place, what ambience, what Landscaping, what a view of Lake Michigan! The service was quick and efficient and the meal was beyond delicious. Grandpa and Grandson had potato and cheese pierogies, and I had the Hardy polish lunch with a delicious cabbage roll, sourkrauts stew, and 3 pierogies of my choice. This is a meal we will not forget! How often can you say that about a meal you have?

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is at the north end of the Tunnel of Trees. "Everyone" told us "you have to go to Legs Inn" and so glad we did. Interesting blend of Native American and Polish cultures -- Native American decor and Polish food. Service was amazing. I had blackened Great Lakes white fish with Polish dumplings, and my husband had the kielbasa and kapusta (sauerkraut). All excellent! They have indoor seating, outdoor patio with shade cover, and outdoor open garden seating. Nice beer and wine menu, and save room for dessert! We shared the Nalesnik (Polish crepes). Heard they have live music on summer weekends.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The restaurant was recommended by the lady at the desk at our stay @ Boutique Inn. I looked them up on trip adviser noticed neg because of long waits. I called Thur our first day in Mackinaw City. Was told very little wait today but long wait Sat. My wife is Polish so we went that day. We split the combination meal. Our waitress (Catherine) said the dessert we were looking at was excellent.Berry crumbles with ice cream and whipped cream. was great so was Catherine. With 40 yrs working and selling to restaurants I am too critical on servers( I do blame this on training not the server good or bad).She blew me away with knowledge and attentiveness.

2  Thank deuce72002
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great meal and the view is beautiful! We were lucky to have a gorgeous day and were able to eat outside.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were camping at the wilderness state park, we drove up north for the big Mac shoreline bicycle tour. We wanted to find something local and charming, not touristy. We found it in this place. Beautiful view off of back patio. Nice calm atmosphere. Friendly staff. Good local fresh water fish dinner. Definitely recommend for off the beaten path.