All reviews private bath bed and breakfast worked fine plenty of hot water box fan next morning upper peninsula air conditioning loved our stay third floor stayed one night bud lake michigan hosts history
Reviewed 30 June 2016 via mobile

We got married here four years ago and have fallen in love with this bnb. The owners, Bud and Kelly make this place as homey and inviting as it can get. We enjoy their fine dining room with live music as well as the pub food and beverages. What a view overlooking lake Manistique! The rooms are well equipped to make your stay comfortable. The breakfast is large and yummy. We tell everyone to come and stay. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2016 via mobile

Let me start with the food was amazing and the place is beautiful and staff very friendly. We stayed in a jacuzzi suite for one night and I can't say we were pleased with our room. The bed was really hard and uncomfortable and the room was uncomfortably hot and stuffy despite the fan on high and it wasn't hot outside. My husband and I slept terribly. The jacuzzi was so loud neither of us could bear to stay in it long. Also wasn't overly impressed with our view of the parkling lot considering it was supposed to be a luxury room. Could have done without noisy bar guests as well when we'd just wanted quiet. Will be back for food sometime again, but never again for a night.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2016

Take a walk to the lakeshore,sit in a rocker on the front porch or dine in the beautiful great room. No matter your choice, you will be satisfied at the Inn. This is a beautifully designed well managed bed and breakfast that comes with our highest recommendation. It is a favorite place for A Midsummer Nights Dream.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 February 2016 via mobile

Built in the late 1800's as a railroad hotel and moved by logs and horses to its current location in the 1920's, the Chamberlin Inn is one of those places you feel like the second you walk in the door.

Our group of three stayed here for two nights while dogsledding at nearby Natures Kennel, which we scheduled and purchased as part of a package deal through the Inn. Our package included lodging, dogsledding and a $25 certificate for dinner at the Inn.

My room was on the third floor of the huge Inn with a queen sized bed and private bathroom with a stand up shower. Electric baseboard heaters with separate thermostats were in the bedroom and the bathroom, so I was able to keep my bedroom cold and the bathroom hot. A bonus; a box fan and two ceiling fans were in my room, so on went the fans and away went the noise from outside my room, which wasn't much at all.

The Inn is a quiet place on the lake, and I suspect it's just as amazing in the summertime. Perhaps I'll have to check it out for myself when the lake thaws and the grass greens.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 December 2015

We stayed overnight, plus had dinner and breakfast at the Inn. Very friendly on the phone when I was making our room reservation and deciding which room. Check-in for the room is in the small area just off the main dining room. We gave our name and said we were checking in. We were handed the key to our room and told the room was up the stairs to the left. If we hadn't inquired about dinner, it would have been the shortest check-in conversation we've had anywhere ever. We knew reservations were recommended for the restaurant but had not made them because we didn't know what time we'd be arriving. Not a problem since there is another room off of the main dining room where we were easily able to be seated after we took our things to our room. We were also offered the choice of a couple of small tables in main dining room but chose the back room where it was less crowded. Our server was very friendly and helpful with menu choices. The food was as she described, and delicious. Our room was okay, clean but the bed was not that comfortable. Also, some rooms did not have an en suite bathroom and people could easily be heard going in and out of their rooms during the night. Breakfast in the morning was made to order, which in this case caused a huge wait for each table to be served. I think they waited to start cooking each table's food until after the previous table had been served. The table next to us took a stroll outside on the lakefront lawn while waiting (long after they had ordered) and we were almost done eating before they got their food. So, dinner was the only part of our stay that we could recommend. But, we would not go out of our way to have dinner here again, and would not pick this as our overnight lodging next time in the area.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple