“Upgraded!”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Surfers Paradise, Queensland, Australia
“Upgraded!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Turned up after 8pm to find my room booked out so I was upgraded to the loft. Score! The downside, I was only stopping over in Perth and would be checking out at 5.30am. Still, just having a few hours in the luxury setting was quite the treat. Loved it.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Waited 25 mins in a long queue to check in. Why would such a large Hotel only have capacity for four receptionists at check in time? We didnt think room at $495 per night was value for money. Bathroom floor flooded every time we showered and hanging space in wardrobe was miniscule. Add $60 for a 2 hour late checkout and $40 for valet parking with NO breakfast included for a total of $595 dollars and we left somewhat disappointed.

• Stayed November 2013
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I apologise for the wait you experienced on arrival, and take your feedback on board. We do have team members located on the wings of the reception desk as well, which cannot be seen directly from the front. Please be assured that every effort is made to have all terminals manned at our busy times.

I have also passed on your feedback regarding the flooding from the drain to our Maintenance Manager. We do have accommodation packages available including breakfast and valet parking, perhaps these may be more suitable to your needs.

We hope to welcome you back to Crown Metropol in the future. Thanks for your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stay at the Burswood Hotel every week for work for almost a month ,The guest service is top notch room service is great, The food and the atmosphere were great The pool and deck area are beautiful This is a great place to stay if you want to step away from the noise of the street The spa is awesome. Sam (I think), who checked us in, called me by my name and remembered me from before This is a real hotel that offers great service no gimmicks

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank JacquelineKiwi
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Firstly il state the bad so I can finish on a good note.
When booking I requested early checkin, nothing crazy i was hoping for 12 noon, which at the time didn't seem an issue. Called in the morning before arrival again told 12 shouldn't be an issue so I arrived at 11 hoping to drop luggage and have an hour wait a coffee, walk around etc.
What a frustrating experience 3 hour wait and just very vague checkin staff unsure of when I could get my room etc, after checking with the desk 3 times on the fourth a room was ready but no one had called me, was feeling frustrated by this stage!
Other then that room was nice and clean ( views only of car park).
Facilities like pool and great restaurant selection are amazing.
Best location to city, airport etc.
I would still go back and stay again,
Hopefully next stay will be better!

Room Tip: Rooms that aren't above restaurants are quieter, And the car park views make the accommodation...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review.

I do apologise for the wait for your room when you arrived, although our check in time is at 3pm, a 3 hour wait for your room is excessive. I am glad that you enjoyed the room, facilities and location.

We do have our Luxe View rooms which face the resort pool which you may want to consider on your next visit. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Shaun D'Cruz
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Burswood was a great hotel. I would stay again. I will comment that the beds are far too small. The first time i stayed was for 2 adults and 2 children 9yrs and 6yrs. The bed configeration is inadequate for my children (who are tall for their age). In the end we put my son on two chairs pushed together my husband in one double and my daughter and i in the other - we were so tired from 30 hrs of traveling that we all slept fine. The rooms are lovely otherwise. Service fantastic. On my stay last weekend it was two adults so one double bed each (they arent queens). This was very suitable and the bedding, linen towles etc were of a high standard. The breakfast is always amazing but we did have to wait for ordered coffees - over 15mins. Also the vallet parking forgot to collect one of the cars as we waited on the step with 4 children and adults, a little annoying but it did get resolved. Hotel facilities are fabulous and i would definitely stay again

Room Tip: Just note the beds are small in the family rooms so opt for two rooms if you have older children and...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Fabulous atmosphere makes you feel you are in another country, there are no other hotels in Perth which give the benefit of a resort pool area and multiple choice nightlife without leaving the premises.
Our recent visit was designed to have a relaxing and romantic night away, we chose a Friday to ensure sufficient atmosphere without being overcrowded, stayed in one of the Luxe King rooms and ate at the Modo Mio restaurant where the food and service were first class, catering easily for myself as I require gluten free meals.
The evening for us was made all the more special by sitting in the cocktail lounge at the main foyer and listening to the piano and singing from the young duo who provided the background and mood to the excellent location, ideal to watch the world go by in the space of a couple of drinks.
Only down side we encountered was the noise outside our room due to there being two reasonably large extraction fans on the lower ground floor roof 3 metres away from the window, these caused us to have a sleepless night and all the more unfortunate we had not heard them so clearly when we booked in late afternoon otherwise we would have requested a room change if available, not a good option late at night.

Room Tip: Be careful of what is outside your room if on the lower floors, this hotel also has people moving ar...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
Reviewed 6 November 2013

This is Perths most premier hotel. 5 star service at a 3-4 star price. The room have been renovated a few years ago when it was then known as the Intercontinental. The rooms a wonderfully modern and tasteful. The swimming pool aka Isika Spa Perth is the best swimming pool location in Perth. You have over 5 award winning restaurants to choose from. The atrium for lunch is probably the best value. And on top of that you have a casino and nightclubs all at your doorstep. The best and only place that I will stay in Perth.

Room Tip: book early to avoid disappointment, weekends are more pricey.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
Crown Promenade Perth
Perth CBD
COMO The Treasury
COMO The Treasury
#1 of 64 in Perth

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!