“All you could want in one Location!”

Crown Metropol Perth
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Reviewed 25 April 2014

What I loved about this hotel as a holiday maker was I didn't have to leave the hotel if I didn't want to as the facilities there were excellent.There were 32 bars and restaurants to choose from, an amazing pool, spa & hair salon and casino. I ate at a few of the restaurants and food was amazing and definitely had enough variety of restaurants to suit all budget types. Bars were great and again there was enough variety to choose from. I frequented the spa and hair salon most days and have to say the staff there were excellent and very professional. Concierge out front and beside reception were absolutely fantastic and went out of their way to help me and were very professional and courteous.
Hotel itself is tastefully decorated and my room was spacious, comfortable bed, very clean and had all you need,
Location is not too bad from Perth city centre, less than 10 mins by taxi to city centre or three stops by train into town. Train station is less than 3 min walk from hotel.
Loved the grounds of the hotel, spent a Sunday morning strolling around and had great views out over Perth city.
Would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely come back to stay here.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,629)

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Just like the Crown Metropol in Melbourne, this hotel reeks of cigarette smoke. Even the non-smoking rooms have a lingering smell. The rooms are nicely furnished but it doesn't seem the justify the room price. If available, you should request a room on a higher floor. Our room was on the first floor giving us an underwhelming view of the carpark.

The outdoor pool is nice, but the indoor pool is barley larger than what you would find in someones backyard. When there are 50 kids in there, it is barely worth the effort.

The hotel also tries to upsell everything, such as charging $60 to sit on a comfortable lounge next to the pool or $50 a day for parking.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

Your comments are valuable as it allows us to view our business from a guest perspective. Thank you for taking the time to provide your review.

Sincerely

Reviewed 24 April 2014

A far cry from the luxurious five star experience advertised. First of all, we found out that the hotel does not have any feather down pillows when we asked for it so we ended buying our own pillows for the stay. We have never seen a worse turndown service from a 5-star hotel than this. The toilet bowl was not even cleaned when we came back and the shower area was not even wiped dry. When we stayed at the Diplomatic Suite at the Hyatt, they usually wipe the bathroom dry as if you have never used it before. Waste tissues on the floor were overlooked and were never picked up to be cleared. Used glasses on the dining tables were also not picked up and washed. We are staying in the Loft Suite, one of the better suites they have. Wonder if this is their standard of service accorded to all guests?

• Stayed: April 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

Please accept my apologies for the lapse in service. We hope that you will return to Crown Metropol some time in the future and have your faith in our property restored.

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

We pulled up at about 4pm and at 5.15pm we were in a lovely room on the 7th floor overlooking the pool. Beautiful room, beautiful pool, gorgeous view, what more could you want, wellllll some service would be nice.
Even the original check in could have been smoother but it was busy. Still it didn't prepare us for when we thought a cuppa would be nice only to find the room devoid off any free beverages, of course there were plenty you could pay for. To cut long story short it then took us over an hour to organise a cuppa which isn't good enough considering prices and reputations, We were h7hrs and we;ve spent 2 waiting for service.

Room Tip: North facing in the winter and summer
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your comments.

It is noted that your experience was mixed and it is our commitment that our guests have a memorable and pleasant experience. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back to Crown Metropol and provide exactly that.

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed here 1 night with 2 young kids after spending 2 nice nights at the nearby Promenade....we were looking forward to it , being a 5 star hotel and all... Huge let down. Did not feel welcome from the get go and just felt like a dollar sign.... As soon as we got out of the lift was hit with a strong smell of cigarette smoke in the corridors and it remained that way.... The room was ok, nice view. However, the carpet was dirty and stained and when I opened the glass door to the shower there was a mouldy smell. The highlight of the stay was the atrium buffet breakfast, that never disappoints. All in all I left feeling like I wasted my time and money... The worst thing was, we visit the complex often for dinner with family and they just lost previously loyal customers.... Go elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2014
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2014

Thank you for your feedback.

It is disappointing to learn that your experience did not meet expectations. We take all comments seriously as we are committed to providing a lasting and memorable experience to all our visitors.
We would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in Crown Metropol should you decide to return in the future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

It was my first trip to Perth and was undecided as to which hotel I would go for.

My final choice was to go for Crown Metropol and having experienced it over the 4 days stay was proven that I made the right decision.

I simply marvelled at the warm reception given from the time I stepped into the lobby. The attendant were so courteous and well mannered that I felt so at ease and comfortable being a foreigner in Perth. I would particular like to compliment Emma (the Chinese girl from Harbin) who really impressed me with her efficiency in checking in and more so in terms of explaining the hotel outlets, direction of places to go and offering her help whenever I face any difficulty.

The hotel lobby itself is very cosy and gives a very warm feeling for casual meetings and entertained by soothing songs from a live band. Those who opt to have some fun can enjoy their time at the casino which can be easily accessed via the lobby.

The hotel rooms have beautiful views and though the decor may not be the best but it is definitely clean and comfortable. Again, I speak highly of the staff in attendance from the concierge, house-keeping, telephone operator and even the porter. Everyone of them are so courteous and helpful with smiling faces all the time. This is really an experience which was actually beyond my expectations. I must say the management of this hotel can be a role model for many other hotels of similar grade.

The checking out was even super efficient which took me less than 2 mins.

I will definitely opt to stay in this hotel if I ever get to travel to Perth again. It has left a very deep and excellent impression that will be cherished, more so being the first time in Perth.

My compliments to the Management for such an excellent administration of the hotel.

Room Tip: Staying above the 6th Floor and facing the lobby provide a better external view from the window. I p...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed the weekend at the Crown with my partner, rooms are amazing, pool is absolutely amazing, pre dinner drinks and canapés was a little average. breakfast was great. we really enjoyed our stay at the crown

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
Crown Towers Perth
Hyatt Regency Perth
#20 of 66 in Perth
Crowne Plaza Perth
#19 of 66 in Perth

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!