“Just love the New Crown Compex”

Crown Metropol Perth
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Burswood
Perth Western Australia
“Just love the New Crown Compex”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Attended a concert on Saturday night and stayed the night, we felt like we had been away for a number of days it is so relaxing! Great Show ! Love the Breakfast in the Atrium, how lucky are we to have this in Perth.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I travel 3-4 times to Perth each year for business and usually stay in the CBD but having heard good reports about the revitalised casino precinct I decided to stay there recently. Having spent many nights in any one of Crown's Melbourne Hotels (Metropole, Promenade & Towers) - I expected a fairly high standard and was not disappointed.

Unlike the Crown Melbourne hotels there is more of a "Vegas" feel to the Crown Metropole Perth with the bright atrium and sprawling pool area. The rooms are almost identical to the Crown Metropole in Melbourne (spacious, light-filled and well appointed). I stayed in a river view room which gave great views of the river and CBD (and the current nearby construction works)

As usual service across all venues was exemplary. I drank at Merriwell, dined at Rookpool & Atrium and found the standards high for both food, beverage selections and service.

Having spent time in the hotel I think it's equally suited to business trip or a family holiday base in Perth. The pool area has a great kids section and there were families in and around the hotel. The gym is well equipped and there is a onsite spa, massage and personal trainer which I would take advantage of on future trips.

Yes - its expensive - but in general Perth hotels are more expensive and often not as modern. I'll certainly stay there on my next trip this year.

Room Tip: There is a nearby construction site that operates from 7am at present ... check when booking
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this review, 17 September 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

Your positive comments are appreciated and it appears that you have spent some time looking over the property and the facilities on offer. The Crown Towers construction is forging ahead and we are looking forward to being able to offer our visitors a level of luxury not seen in Perth to date.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Once again, thank you.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Good room and service and overall facilities. Restaurants are over priced but quality of food is high and Perth is expensive generally. Hotel is upper market aimed at business travelers or those wanting 5 stars, in Perth this is a 5 star but not in comparison to other cities in Australia eg Sydney or Melbourne.

• Stayed June 2014
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Firstly, by paying $700 a night, you would expect there to be a few amenities complimentary, however this was not so and we were merely greeted by two small bottles of shampoo and conditioner.... Every time the shower was turned on a loud,metal works sound would come on as if there was some fault in the water system.. Definitely took away from the glamour of our stay.
Key card didn't work, so had to hassle staff downstairs late at night, which wasnt to be desired.
Also our "view" was obstructed by large metal framework/scaffolding sprawled across the window, also site is misleading-claims there to be high speed Internet access however this is not the case-slow, crap and difficulties connecting to the server..Minibar items ridiculously overpriced, however room was generally nice, beds were comfortable

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bridiemc97
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this review, 12 September 2014
Thank you for your comments.

It is disappointing to learn that your experience was not a good one. Your feedback is an essential part of our continued commitment to provide a true 5 Star experience to our visitors. We would welcome the opportunity to restore your faith in Crown Metropol should you decide to return in the future.

Perth
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Amazing hotel. The grand lobby with the soaring lifts was the start to an amazing weekend. It was my partners birthday and straight away they offered a complimentry bottle of wine which was delivered to the room in an ice bucket. The room was huge with very comfy king size bed, full size bath. Can watch tv from the bed or bath!! Definetly recommended

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Excellent hotel with high class facilities. Transport to City is infrequent, unless you want to walk up the hill to the train. An issue for business travellers. Chlorine in indoor pool very strong and made my colleagues and I have itchy legs for our stay. Otherwise very good stay.

Room Tip: We stayed in 225, a nice room and quiet after the piano stopped at around 9.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Perth, WA
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I purchased an overnight stay for my mother and I as a gift for my Mum. It cost about $300 for a standard room for one night and I really expected for that price, that it would be luxurious. After waiting about 30 minutes in the line to check in, we finally got to head up to our room. The room was nice looking, I'll give them that. Had two queen beds, a bath tub and shower. However, the air con in the room was absolute rubbish. There's no controls, so I guess they just set it to a certain temperature.. which was far too high! It must have been about 27 in there the whole time. When we went to go to sleep, the beds were rock hard. My Mum and I both had extremely sore hips from lying in the bed and my back was killing. In fact, I only lasted a couple of hours in there, before getting up and just sitting in one of the arm chairs and dozing. In the morning, I went to use the shower and found that the drain was blocked, and ended up showering in water that was past my ankles. Then when we went to check out, I wanted to make a complaint to the manager, but was told they were 'unavailable', but she took down my complaint and said someone would call me that day. When nobody did, I called the following day and again was told that nobody was available, but they would call me back. They didn't. I then tried again... unavailable. I then finally wrote an email to them, detailing my complaint and the disgust at not being contacted. I received an email back, apologising and that was it. I asked for my money back, but they only offered me a room upgrade for the next time I visited, which, I'm afraid, will be never. This was meant to be a special treat for my Mum, as she never gets out, but we would've been far more comfortable at home.

Room Tip: Never get the standard room, always upgrade and ask for a view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Zoe M
Shaun D, General Manager at Crown Metropol Perth, responded to this review, 11 September 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

Your comments have been noted and will be shared with the team accordingly. The delay in responding to your phone call was a lapse in service and I do apologise. We take your feedback seriously and use it as a tool to improve our operational standards in order to provide our guests with a memorable experience. I regret to note that your experience was a disappointing one.

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Regards

Crown Perth Hotels
Also consider these accommodations in or near Burswood
Crown Promenade Perth
Perth CBD
COMO The Treasury
COMO The Treasury
#1 of 81 in Perth

Been to Crown Metropol Perth? Share your experiences!