“I drive 30 miles to eat here.”

El Charritos-Helenas Original
Ranked #3 of 46 Restaurants in Davison
Clarkston, Michigan
“I drive 30 miles to eat here.”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

My favorite Mexican restaurant. Food is good, service is pretty good. Not sure if the atmosphere is better now that its bigger but at least I haven't had to wait since doing so. Could be a little cleaner but I still love it. Salsa is superb. Portions are good. Would like to see a liquor license but oh well.

• Visited June 2012

michigan
“Mexican food great price”
Reviewed 28 May 2012

You get alot of food at this restaurant. It has the usuals such as tacos,burritos,enchiladas. Chips are not free though which is a down fall. They are reasonable though and you can get 1/2 orders. They bring squeeze bottles of salsa to the table also. Their Js Jumbo burrito is huge and also their burrito dinner meal. They are the size of enchiladas but you get 3 of them. Also rice, beans and a small side of beefs squares in sauce. Real tender. You can also get this beef on your burritos. I suggest either of these meals.

Visited May 2012
Davison
“Muy delicioso!!!”
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The food at El Charritos is FABULOUS!!! More authentic Mexican cuisine then you'll ever find at Taco Bell! The wet beef burrito is to die for. Chips are awesome; salsa is good. The chicken fajita salads are great too but they are the reason I'm not giving this restaurant a five. Every time I order a salad, I tell them to hold the cheese and sour cream, extra onions. Of course they don't deduct anything for not wanting the two items, but they always charge me 50 cents extra for the extra onions. Now when I tell the waitress ahead of time not to do that, she doesn't. But I don't think I should have to request that when I'm letting them keep the two most expensive items (besides the chicken), and only asking for a few more onions which are very cheap! So maybe they'll read this and rethink this issue. If not, I'll keep requesting they do and leave them at four "stars".

• Visited April 2012
Grand Blanc, Michigan
“Not bad”
Reviewed 19 November 2011

El Charritos offers fairly authentic Mexican food with an extensive menu. Portions are generous and food is served hot. On the down side ... this restaurant does not have a liquor license. We found this rather surprising given that the Richfield Road location serves liquor.
I ordered the seafood enchilada and a cheese and onion enchilada. Both were very good. Refried beans on the side were average.
Overall, a good dining experience which would have been much better with a Corona or a margarita to wash it all down with!

• Visited November 2011
Kalamazoo
“Thye Real Deal”
Reviewed 19 September 2011

The food at Helenas is as authentic as I've had this side of thew border. They make tamales that taste like the home-made ones I had for years. The service has been good, the chips and salas excellent ... sure puts the big Mexican chains to shame.

• Visited August 2011